I need help installing fresh 1.1 rom on Hero!

Zerazac

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
everything is ready to go, I have created a nandroid back up,flashed my sd card with recovery image v1.5.2.. thisis where im stuck..
OK So I went to my computer,right clicked on fresh 1.1 and selected ?send to? and chose my phone/sd card.It copied the files. The I unmounted sd,turned off my phone and reboot it while holding the volume down. I got the green and black screen.. up top it says Android Recovery System. These are the options it gave me:
-Reboot system now
-USB-MS toggle
-backup/Restore
-Flash zip from sd card
-wipe
-partioin sd card
-other
Under ?other? it give me:
Fix apd uid mismatches
-Move apps+dalv to sd
-Move recovery.log to sd
Towards the bottom in white letters it says BUILD: RA-heroc-v1.5.2

So I chose flash zip from sdcard and i get an error,or ?e?: NO ZIP FILES FOUND. Did I not copy the file correctly?

Zerazac

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Nevermind I figured it out.. turns out I had unzipped it when I shouldnt have. Redownloaded and looks like it worked! WOOHOO!

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
So you have solved it yourself? Good good.

I have not yet seen a rom that you unzip so that would have been the first thing I suggested. When people see a zip file they automatically think "unzip" - I saw the same issue with electronic kisekae dolls (LZH is another kind of zip archive) lol

Maybe we should develop a .rom file extension that Android recognises which is basically a zip archive under another name, then people would know not to unzip them lol

Phil.