Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
CDMA HTC Hero on Alaska DigiTel CDMA Network in Alaska

Firmware version: 1.5
Baseband version: 1.04.04.10.09
Kernel Version: 2.6.27-6bc66721 htc-kernel@and18-2 #958
Build Number: 1.62.556.1 CL112492 release-keys
Software Version: 1.62.556.1

I tried the Fresh Pre-Kitchen 0.2 by flipz but it failed. After searching through multiple forums it sounds like the asroot2 exploit is fixed in my software version. I saw the posting by gbhil titled "CDMA Hero Rooted" (I can't link since this is my first post) and tried to manually unlock using the asroot2 exploit but the process is immediately killed.

Right now I'm confused by all of the information out there. Can someone explain the process (if there is one) of rooting my phone or link me to the proper instructions?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm doing some digging. I think you may be able to use the Cell South root exploit. Will post back in a few.

*Edit*
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581869

Sorry, but it appears you're going to have to use the goldcard method (like the Cell South Hero). Good news is that it works, and you're able to use any Sprint Hero software. Bad news is it's not as easy as the Sprint Hero. Have a look at the thread I linked, then ask questions there as well as here.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

navalynt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Thank you!

Here are some additional notes I found during my quest:

Windows 7 x64 did not have the right driver for the Sprint RUU to work. I had to follow the guide from the link below
mydigitallife.info/2009/08/24/workaround-for-htc-hero-sync-problem-in-windows-7

In addition to that guide, I had to use the following command:
adb shell reboot oem-78

This rebooted into a special RUU mode and Windows automatically installed a driver for "HTC Bootloader" under ADB. I updated the driver from the files available at the link above then rebooted my computer. Now it shows up as "My HTC" in the device manager.

NEW PROBLEM: The Sprint RUU fails with Error[140]:BOOTLOADER VERSION ERROR. When I unplug the USB the phone goes to the screen showing the RUU mode and says: Main version is older! Update fail!

Is there any way to force the RUU even if the main version in the RUU is older than what's on the phone?

Last edited:

kickash89

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I am also with Alaska Digitel actually an employee, and no-one i know has been able to get around our newer boot loader. If anyone figures it out post here plz.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463