Stock Sprint Rom

l0v3mon3y08

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Can anypne tell me how to flash back to stock rom.... i've tried using the sprint RUU but it gives me an error saying that the phone isnt connected to the pc :confused: PLEASE HELP!!

Avalaunchmods

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
xda-developers.com

go to hero cdma forums and then on the search bar type "stock hero rom"

if you have a custom rom i cant believe you didnt do a nandroid backup before upgrading.

and with the RUU dont even try it on that computer as the drivers for anything over win xp are ****. i cant use it on win7 64bit. soo hope this helps.

l0v3mon3y08

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
xda-developers.com

go to hero cdma forums and then on the search bar type "stock hero rom"

if you have a custom rom i cant believe you didnt do a nandroid backup before upgrading.

and with the RUU dont even try it on that computer as the drivers for anything over win xp are ****. i cant use it on win7 64bit. soo hope this helps.

I counldnt find nandroid back up so I skipped it... But thanx for ur help

can u tell me what nandroid backup is and where I can find it :confused:

l0v3mon3y08

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
ok iGot the usb drivers for android but after the RUU.exe finishes running my phone continues to boot the custome rom instead of stock Sprint rom :(

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
ok iGot the usb drivers for android but after the RUU.exe finishes running my phone continues to boot the custome rom instead of stock Sprint rom :(

That makes absolutely no sense.
Please provide details on the exact process you're using so we can help you sort this out. Here's a quick run down -
Make sure phone is charged.
Shut off screensaver on your Windows PC
Plug in the phone (to the PC)
Start the HTC sync software, then exit it.
Double click the RUU program, and follow the directions it prompts to you.
Don't open other windows or allow the screen to blank on your PC while updating.

l0v3mon3y08

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
1st i downloaded the android SDK and android USB drivers
2nd connected my phone to pc and run the ruu.exe

is there something else i'm missing :confused:

sfox

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
My understanding (haven't done it yet) is that by following GBHill's directions you should be unrooted and back to stock without a lot of drama.

Is it still booting the custom ROM? Which ROM?

S

l0v3mon3y08

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
My understanding (haven't done it yet) is that by following GBHill's directions you should be unrooted and back to stock without a lot of drama.

Is it still booting the custom ROM? Which ROM?

S

yes its still booting into Fresh Rom instead of Sprint Rom :confused:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Don't use a backup from a bugged phone on your new one. That's just begging for trouble.

Yours is the only case I've ever heard of that the RUU said it was successful but the bootloader and ROM were unchanged. Be glad that whole mess is gone.