Total Rooting Fail

tarathomassmith

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I wanted to start by saying I did attempt to search the forums (and other forums) extensively before posting a question, and I found that a great deal of advice was offered prior to the 2.1update1 and therefore seems invalid.

I tried running the seemingly excellent 1-click update from Beezy, whose instructions I followed implicitly. However, every time I reboot my phone for the second time (holding down the home+power buttons this time), I am taken to a screen asking me to clear the data, but given no options to load "flash zip from sdcard".

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help...

tarathomassmith

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE:

Of course as soon as I finally post for help, I solved my own problem. Wanted to update in case anyone else has the same issue:

For whatever reason, holding the power+home key was not working for my phone. The power+volume down key finally gave me the option to go into recovery. No idea why it worked that way; the home key should have worked. But there it is! :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When you used the 1-click method did you load a custom recovery? It sounds like you are getting into the stock recovery not the custom one. The screen should be black with green text.

If you havn't loaded a custom recovery you can do this by downloading ROM Manager and select install custom recovery. It will ask you to confirm the device and install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12