Total Rooting Fail

tarathomassmith

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I wanted to start by saying I did attempt to search the forums (and other forums) extensively before posting a question, and I found that a great deal of advice was offered prior to the 2.1update1 and therefore seems invalid.

I tried running the seemingly excellent 1-click update from Beezy, whose instructions I followed implicitly. However, every time I reboot my phone for the second time (holding down the home+power buttons this time), I am taken to a screen asking me to clear the data, but given no options to load "flash zip from sdcard".

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help...

tarathomassmith

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE:

Of course as soon as I finally post for help, I solved my own problem. Wanted to update in case anyone else has the same issue:

For whatever reason, holding the power+home key was not working for my phone. The power+volume down key finally gave me the option to go into recovery. No idea why it worked that way; the home key should have worked. But there it is! :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When you used the 1-click method did you load a custom recovery? It sounds like you are getting into the stock recovery not the custom one. The screen should be black with green text.

If you havn't loaded a custom recovery you can do this by downloading ROM Manager and select install custom recovery. It will ask you to confirm the device and install.