DamageControl 2.1 fully functional

mQuinn

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I've been running this ROM since last night. It's by far the fastest ROM I have used. Thanks to gbhil and Danger. Make sure you wipe your SD EXT before you flash.

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
yeah only issue ive been getting so far is everyonce and a while handcent will fail to send a text other then that everything works good

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Omg this is awesome! Will someone promise me when this lands on Sprint to make a version like Gumbo 1.5c + sense + Sprint apps. I actually got nav back on here, but is like Sprint tv. Could I flash over the package gbhil put together with success?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Omg this is awesome! Will someone promise me when this lands on Sprint to make a version like Gumbo 1.5c + sense + Sprint apps. I actually got nav back on here, but is like Sprint tv. Could I flash over the package gbhil put together with success?

That would be the thing to try. We don't have any newer version of Sprint apps, so they either work...or they don't :)

Just be sure to back up.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks gbhil!
BTW I decided to try all 2.1 has to offer including testing out multitouch. We are plagued by the same issue the n1 is, but oh well, cool to see. Google goggles couldn't identify a sprite bottle, but recognized body powder...odd.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
FYI, all the Sprint apps work just as well as before with the exception of the one I use :(. It loads, and is even faster, but only 1/2 video shows on sprintv. I'm hoping it was a bad feed, will update later

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks gbhil!
BTW I decided to try all 2.1 has to offer including testing out multitouch. We are plagued by the same issue the n1 is, but oh well, cool to see. Google goggles couldn't identify a sprite bottle, but recognized body powder...odd.

Lol@goggles . keep using it and be sure to let it know it was wrong if it asks. The Db needs to grow.

I'm not so sure the HTC touch issues are real issues. Does your screen act like something wrong while you're using the device? Maybe the driver is set to poll differently to improve accuracy at normal speeds, and HTC and Google are laughing at us.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Lol@goggles . keep using it and be sure to let it know it was wrong if it asks. The Db needs to grow.

I'm not so sure the HTC touch issues are real issues. Does your screen act like something wrong while you're using the device? Maybe the driver is set to poll differently to improve accuracy at normal speeds, and HTC and Google are laughing at us.

yeah, its really not bad. It doesn't even mess up with the lines until you play with it a while... and do some unrealistic moves. Oh well. I will do on the goggles, its pretty sweet.
I'm almost a pharmacist and lexi-comp tweeted a while back asking for users if we would want a google goggles type addition for pill identification. I see more bad then good with something like this so I expressed my reasons why, besides its hard to get pill identification wrong using the set criteria. Still neat software though.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
yeah, its really not bad. It doesn't even mess up with the lines until you play with it a while... and do some unrealistic moves. Oh well. I will do on the goggles, its pretty sweet.
I'm almost a pharmacist and lexi-comp tweeted a while back asking for users if we would want a google goggles type addition for pill identification. I see more bad then good with something like this so I expressed my reasons why, besides its hard to get pill identification wrong using the set criteria. Still neat software though.

oh god yes. Goggles is fun to play with while the wife is shopping, but the whole concept isn't even close to being ready for any type of healthcare functions.

sfox

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Love the ROM!

Need some help. How can I push the stock Sprint apps if I want them? And is the 2.1 lockscreen not available?

S

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You can push them all by flashing them all from the Gumbo 1.5 link. That works, but puts all of them. There are individual ones for Sprint TV and Sprint Nav and Voice Mail (which loads, but I guess doesn't work? I haven't gotten a voicemail to confirm this though).
The Sprint Nav can be found on the sprint website.

omarb

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
This ROM is so fast! Great preview of what is to come. Couple of things I noticed are not working/not working correctly on my phone:

- Exchange account does not update as mail arrives. I either have to do it manually or messages show up about 20 minutes after they are supposed to arrive. Account is set to show messages "as they arrive". This worked perfectly in 1.5.

- Alarms disappear from the alarms screen although they are technically still there. I have to restart the phone for them to show up.

- Screen brightness does not change even though it's set up to do so according to light.

- Tons of lag on incoming calls. I will see the incoming call screen like 5-6 seconds before the phone rings.

Regardless, it's a great preview of 2.1 (Google Navigation, Goggles, speed). I'll revert to 1.5 and get the real update once it's out. Great work though.

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi, i just installed this yesterday and totally love it. The only problem i have is that my Facebook account doesn't sync. When i go to link any of my contacts, the Facebook contacts do not appear at all.

I've seen a couple of people have trouble with this at XDA, and i looked for a solution. Some people suggested removing the account, adding it again. I even wiped and put the ROM back on, but still nothing.

Is there a fix for this that i may have missed?

Thanks!

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I thought so too... here's the email:

Hello!

Your new Nexus One phone has many cool and useful features. Learn more by clicking on the links to watch brief YouTube videos directly on your phone:

Customize your home screen with widgets and live wallpapers. Learn more
Read, search, archive, label and write emails on the go. Learn more
Watch videos or upload your own videos directly to YouTube. Learn more
Get turn by turn directions with satellite and street views of your route. Learn more
You can find all these videos and more on the Nexus One playlist at youtube.com/googlenexusone.

Enjoy!
The Android Team at Google

Google, Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
So what is everyone doing as far as voicemail? I dont know if its just an issue with my phone...but I'm unable to check my voicemail. I've registered a Google Voice account but thats not working either. Maybe I'm not doing it right??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair