1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default root or not to root that is the question

im sure this has been asked but i cant find a specific answer. i have a cellular south hero and im on the fence to root my phone with the new o/s coming out in a few weeks/months... is it worth it to root my phone now or just wait?

that all depends on what you want to do with your phone. if your fine with the way your phone runs now just leave it alone, wait for the update and then decide

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Have you guys on Cellular South confirmed that an update is being released for you guys?

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Its Worth it....
    On the hero you can install android 2.1 and all types of things once root and it not that hard...

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Because you can always switch back, but you won't always be able to root.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

where is the most fool proof area for me to find how to root my cell south hero directions, and yes were getting it... just dont know when maybe the 26th maybe christmas with these slow folks.

Just make sure that if you do root, know that it will void your warranty. I mean this doesn't always mean you won't be covered if you are able to swindle your way with your wireless company. ;-)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

now, i have a cellular south hero, its cdma but all im finding is roms and such for sprint, are they the same or is that just how the ushero is being billed as the sprint hero, i really want to upgrade my hero and root it, but i dont know where to find the proper files. any help?

I've noticed there being seperate threads/lists of ROMs for the Sprint CDMA Hero and the other carriers' CDMA Heros. Just to be on the safe side I am and would advise you to look for / stick to the ROMs in your specific carrier's threads/ lists.