DamageControl vs DarchLegend

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
So I dabbled with my first ROM from Damage over the weekend, and wanted to get the opinion of the AndroidCentral folks. So far I'm happy with my DC2r2 ROM, but I see that there is an option to run DarchLegend ROM as well. I'm not sure what else is out there, but I am looking to stick with 2.1. I missed the universal search that was on the Pre (great to open applications).

So the question to others out there - which ROM would you use? Also, would you swap back and forth between them? If so, is there an easier way to keep all of your applications on the phone without having to completely re-install them from the market every time.

Thanks,

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
The new Damage 2.1 ROM was unbelieveably laggy for me. So I flashed the RegawMODv1.3 ROM and I'm loving it. Much quicker and it looks sexier IMO.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if you used the r02 or the first release. The r02 works great and is fast. After completely toying with it the way I want it to run (removing only some of the Sprint apps and other files like GSD.apk), it doesn't have any lag. Battery life is good, too. I haven't heard of RegawMODv1.3 is it built off of the Sprint Release? Are the protected apps in the market (cause I got them to work on r02).

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
The RegawMODv1.3 rom is based off the Damageless ROM with all the Sprint stuff and a few other things removed. It also fixes some of the things the Damageless ROM did have working such as the alarm and things. The protected apps are not in the market but there is a fix for that.

Its running much smoother for me than the Damageless ROM was and my wireless tether is working flawlessly.

bruceleroyjr

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
rufflez,

How did you get the protected apps to show up in the market? I did the fix on the XDA forum by flashing with DCv1.0 and then restoring to DCv2.0r02, however, the protected apps would eventually disappear from my market after 10-15 mins. Then I can't find anything protected apps after. How did you make last forever or are you having the same problem too?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
rufflez,

How did you get the protected apps to show up in the market? I did the fix on the XDA forum by flashing with DCv1.0 and then restoring to DCv2.0r02, however, the protected apps would eventually disappear from my market after 10-15 mins. Then I can't find anything protected apps after. How did you make last forever or are you having the same problem too?

dunno, i nandroid + ext, wipe data and dalvik, nanrestored dcv1.0, nanrestore v2r02

mQuinn

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
The RegawMODv1.3 rom is based off the Damageless ROM with all the Sprint stuff and a few other things removed. It also fixes some of the things the Damageless ROM did have working such as the alarm and things. The protected apps are not in the market but there is a fix for that.

Its running much smoother for me than the Damageless ROM was and my wireless tether is working flawlessly.

Check XDA - there is a mod you can flash now for protected apps RegawMODv1.3.1 Love this Rom compared to Damageless

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX