Give me your Opinions Please

laraiza

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I am tired of waiting for the sprint official release of 2.1 and want something now because I am really tired of the lag on my stock Hero. I am running on a windows computer and want to know what is the most stable rom out there now. I want Sense UI, need a speedy rom that is the most stable and easiest to root to. I have never rooted an android phone before and read gbhil how to root in easy steps review. my question is which is more stable between gbhil 1.5 gumbo rom, damagecontrols 2.1, or the fresh rom. Can people please tell me what works best for them. Sorry if this belongs somewhere else but Im frustrated and in desperate need of an update.

Many thanks,

Leo

SpyBob

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Leo, I'm not familiar the Hero, as I work exclusively with Droids, however, I believe it is akin to the Eris dispite their operators, therefore I believe the Eris 2.1 Rom should work. Search threads for my name on 'Eris 2.1 experience'. I supplied links within the thread but would also recommend more research on your side. An HTC employee confirmed this Rom is an HTC release for no specific operators device. Also, a 1.5 backup Rom may be handy just in case. Good luck and please update us if your attempt is successful.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
NOOOOO

Do not flash this. While they are Similar, they are not the same. Want a ROM based off a SPRINT leak? Just used DamageControl 2.0.6. Nouf said. If you just use the Eris leak you make brick your phone, if you use a ported ROM, you may have to deal with PRI not matching up (and therefore no mobile internet). Just used the tried and true ROM.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
None of the roms out there are 100% stable. They all have some issue but they are all have patches if you look. I've run though several and not one has impressed me enough to stay put. I've tried DC, Fresh, FreshDamageCake and DarchLegend.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
None of the roms out there are 100% stable. They all have some issue but they are all have patches if you look. I've run though several and not one has impressed me enough to stay put. I've tried DC, Fresh, FreshDamageCake and DarchLegend.

Have you tried 2.0.6? What isn't working on that one to make it unstable? 2.0.5 was stable for me, and now they added the market fix (which I had patched anyway).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac