Sprint 2.1 leak

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
mbell75

Be safe. Just root your phone and use one of the other options in the first post. That's easy to do from a Mac, and you won't get stuck with the leak in case the what-if's turn out to be true.

mbell75

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I can download the file just fine on my Mac and if its going to my phone, it shouldnt matter right? When I had my Touch Pro, I could download and install CAB files on it although Mac doesnt read or understand CAB files.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
The RUU leak is a Windows only .exe though. You don't install it on the phone, you run it from a Windows PC.

Yes, that sucks. I'm not a Mac guy but I am a Linux guy. Forcing people to use Windows is never the right choice, but since this was a leak and not intended for the general public I'll forgive HTC.

This time.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why you really need a PC. For reference, I'm doing this all from my Mac. You can root on a mac, and you can also transfer the files to the sd card through usb. I already have 2.1 on my phone, but if you don't use the first option, you can still put the other ones onto your phone and flash them.

Market issue, I haven't flashed it yet, just got it on there, will report back in like 10 minutes though with what I see.

Paid apps aren't showing.

Last edited:

mbell75

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so if I am going to do that 2nd option as was suggested, what do i do? Download it, hook up my phone to my Mac and drop that file on my phone somewhere?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted? You need root and a custom recovery first. Next, drag and drop directly into the sd card (where you see folders and misc files).
*Backup first (just in case), then
*Wipe, then
*Flash, then, most importantly...
have fun!!! 2.1 brings lots of awesome things.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so I DO have to root first. Alot of people were saying you dont.

Def have to root, follow gbhil's awesome post about how to root in the original post in this thread. He linked it for you as well as I did in post #14. It's a bit of a read but very easy since it's laid out STEP BY STEP.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You will need to SDK installed (you don't need to install Eclipse) For mac.
Also, since linux and macosx are Unix based... you follow all the steps the same but no
Code:
cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools\

instead you would get to the SDK folder like this:
Code:
cd /Users/NAME OF COMPUTER/SDK FOLDER NAME/tools

Unix uses forward slashes (hence while everything phone side is /// since its linux based
And you do all of this in terminal
I may create a video tutorial later.

Also instead of just typing adb devices you will need to type ./adb device and ./ before anything and it should work.

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Got everything correct rooting from the start. Loaded new custom ROM and phone just constantly restarts. Any help? Thanks.

Wipe everything
I mentioned ealier you don't need to wipe ext, but you do.
Wipe Data/factory reset
Wipe Dalvik
Wipe Ext
Wipe battery
Wipe rotation

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
can i get by with wiping my ext3 partition on my sd card and not the fat32 partition (you know, the one with my music and stuff) or do i need to back that up first?

edders

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Got error wiping Ext/SD but tried to install again. Now I get an error.
E:Can't chown/mod /data/app
(No such file or directory)
E:Failure at line 388:
set_perm 1000 1000 0771 DATA:app

Installation aborted

Am I supposed to be wiping using the phone recovery mode or is there another way?

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
can i get by with wiping my ext3 partition on my sd card and not the fat32 partition (you know, the one with my music and stuff) or do i need to back that up first?

you're good, everything should stay. Only necessary backup of the entire fat32 partition is if you are going to partition the sd card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc