Sprint 2.1 leak

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Any idea why the double menu tap does that weird bug? I'l just slide down the lock screen, just curious if you knew why its only a problem on some phones?

Guess and speculation follows lol
It's a bug in the Rosie.apk or the HTClockscreen.apk. Hex editing one of the XML files is probably the best way to fix it - stop Rosie from getting input from the menu button while lockscreen is active.

Or it could just be the pills doing the thinking lol. If I'm right this would be Flipz territory...hexing and reverse engineering aren't my specialty.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
So far, not a single force close.
Played Homerun battle 3D for the first time, too since it would always force close on me. Runs pretty sweet actually.

how long did it take for the "desktop" to come up after you installed it for you? it sat at the loading screen for close to a minute for me after i put int my google account info

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
how long did it take for the "desktop" to come up after you installed it for you? it sat at the loading screen for close to a minute for me after i put int my google account info

It takes a bit, won't happen but the first time, and maybe once more after flashing the market enabler.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Out of curiosity, is there any advantage to having the new radio and hboot that option 1 would provide?
You can flash the new radio separately, but IMO if you aren't having connectivity issues I wouldn't muck with it. I believe Flipz has a stand alone radio.zip file.

The hboot is probably changed just to thwart rooting of the phone. Seriously.

is there any issue with leaving the /system/init.d/gumbo.sh service cranked HIGH?

Those are numbers I have been using with this system. I'm not having any issues.

It takes a bit, won't happen but the first time, and maybe once more after flashing the market enabler.

Same here. Takes forever to come up the first time, I think Google is rebuilding your market cache because of the different signature.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
yeah, just after i posted it came up ;)

anyone using quick boot? i just tried it and it won't work for me :(

also, anyone able to actually flash the market fix,, 3d gallery or superuser fix from the recovery agent?

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
yeah, just after i posted it came up ;)

and enjoy the mirror :)

LOL. you're gonna want to kill me.

the addons need re-upped. By mistake i uploaded the unsigned files to 4shared :)

I'm out for the evening though. I have hard a miserable day and i hear bed calling

Thanks tons BTW.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
LOL. you're gonna want to kill me.

the addons need re-upped. By mistake i uploaded the unsigned files to 4shared :)

I'm out for the evening though. I have hard a miserable day and i hear bed calling

Thanks tons BTW.

nah, you're only human. and take the urls i gave you for them and just change said urls to the signed filenames :)

besides, hitting a deer in your car/truck in the recent past is a valid excuse.

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
hey, i'm fighting a migraine ;)

anyone able to verify that apps2sd is working correctly when flashed with option 3?

Yup. Tons of apps installed, only 70Mb used.
There's another way to verify this, but I promise all is up and well. and I can't remember what I need to input into terminal.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yup. Tons of apps installed, only 70Mb used.
There's another way to verify this, but I promise all is up and well. and I can't remember what I need to input into terminal.

so don't pay a lot of attention to what the settings menu says about used space?

Last edited:

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
i have the same one. just used to seeing ~38mb used instead of 79mb

also figured out why quick boot wasn't working :)

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Waiting for a phone call, so I;m still up.

To verify apps2sd
from the adb shell OR a terminal on the phone
cd /data/app
pwd

should return /system/sd/app

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Waiting for a phone call, so I;m still up.

To verify apps2sd
from the adb shell OR a terminal on the phone
cd /data/app
pwd

should return /system/sd/app

as soon as i figure out how to do either one of those options :) (and sadly, i have no issues with server 2008 r2/vmware esxi/etc at work)

Reactions: Jerry Hildenbrand