Trying to root, can't push recovery image

Devilicus

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the process of trying to root my phone for the first time (on a Mac, not PC) and so far things have been going well, until I got to the section about pushing the recovery image onto the phone. I'm using the 1.2.3 recovery image, and when I try entering the command in Terminal it keeps saying the file is not found. I've made sure the file name is exactly correct, its placed in the SDK tools folder, and debugging mode is on (made sure to only turn it on once the phone was plugged in, as per instructions). I've tried re-downloading the recovery file and it hasn't helped. I'm very new to this process and don't really know what else to try. Does anyone have any suggestions?

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
One important thing to note the difference between MAC and PC, is that you need to put a "./" in front of adb. So it would be ./adb push or ./adb install. This is due to how Unix/Linux handles command executions.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
The other thing is that some of the recovery files seem to save as 123.img instead of 1.2.3.img so look and see what the file saved as.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc