1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Syncing Outlook Tasks

Is there a Task program that will sync with my Outlook tasks on my HTC Hero?
    dark_gable - I'm no Hero, but my phone is!

Hope it helps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Thanks JohnnyBeGood unfortunately this revealed the first real flaw that I have found with the Hero other than the endless wait for the 2.1 update. This is a real issue for me since I am a business user and my outlook tasks drive my productivity! Thank you again for the reply.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Anyway you can use google tasks? That can sync with gTasks, which can also be displayed as a widget with Pure Calendar widget, which is what I do, and just checked off today. I don't use outlook, so I don't know if their tasks can be synced with gtasks, somehow.
    Astrid is another program that can do tasks.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Thanks rufflez I am using Astrid as a stand alone on my Hero. Thank you again!

You may also want to give Shuffle a try. I initially tried to use gTasks and Google Tasks, but it isn't robust enough. Then I tried using Astrid and RTM, but both are too complicated to use quickly. Now I'm using Shuffle and love it. Fast, simple, and perfect for GTD users. There are some syncing glitches with the web-based version. However, Shuffle can save backups straight to the SD card.
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

doublebullout thanks for the great suggestion. Astrid has been deleted and Shuffle is now installed and I am very pleased with the functionality and ability to sync over the web and into Outlook. Thank you for the great suggestion!

Default Shuffle Sync to Outlook

How are you syncing tasks from Shuffle back to Outlook?

I use for the computer. It syncs Outlook (Notes, Tasks, Contacts, Events) with Google.

To clarify, is it possible to sync Shuffle's categorizations into Outlook? I thought Google Tasks strips out categories. And can tasks be added into Outlook (with categories, ideally) and somehow synced into Shuffle?