live wallpapers work on sprint hero with 2.1 with gumbo?

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello does anyone know if live wallpapers work with sprint hero??. I have the android 2.1 with gumbo. Is their. Guide step To install live wallpapers??

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
yes you can. I have it on my hero. I'm using damage control now, but you can try flashing the live wallpaper .zips from the Add on's post in the hacks section. They don't work natively (meaning you can't just download them from the market) you have to add two files in a specific folder of the phone.

DoubleA319

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
yes you can. I have it on my hero. I'm using damage control now, but you can try flashing the live wallpaper .zips from the Add on's post in the hacks section. They don't work natively (meaning you can't just download them from the market) you have to add two files in a specific folder of the phone.

I see that you mentioned damage control. How does it compare to fresh & the 2.1 roms. Im currently running the 2.1 lite rom but will probably try something different since 2.1 is the only ROM I have tried.

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
hello rufflez,
thx for your help again!! i went and download the live wallpapers and weather fix as well and flashed both to the phone. i got some of them to work others only show a white screen so i guess its not working 100 percent. when i make it a background live wallpaper it only stays until the screen goes black or i urn it black to save battery power. when i turn the screen on to use the phone it goes back to the original wallpaper i had.

1- how do i fix it so the live wallpaper stay?

2- how do i delete the sprint apps i never use? i want to free up space.

3- how do i install APPS2SD ? i got confused with all the different thread on the internet on how to do it. each seems slightly different.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
hello rufflez,
thx for your help again!! i went and download the live wallpapers and weather fix as well and flashed both to the phone. i got some of them to work others only show a white screen so i guess its not working 100 percent. when i make it a background live wallpaper it only stays until the screen goes black or i urn it black to save battery power. when i turn the screen on to use the phone it goes back to the original wallpaper i had.

1- how do i fix it so the live wallpaper stay?

2- how do i delete the sprint apps i never use? i want to free up space.

3- how do i install APPS2SD ? i got confused with all the different thread on the internet on how to do it. each seems slightly different.

Im tryin something now to make livewallpapers a little better,just want to test more.(should be up later today to download)
Apps2SD partition your card via recovery and it's automatic.
If your already partition your sdcard it should be working.If your haven't make sure to back up everything from the sdcard cause you will lose it when you do partition.Then in recovery choose partition sdcard 0swap,ext 734,rest fat. youcan change the numbers if you want.Ill edit this with the link on how to remove sprint bloatware.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-apps/2680-how-remove-sprintware-your-rooted-hero.html

Last edited:

DoubleA319

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Im tryin something now to make livewallpapers a little better,just want to test more.(should be up later today to download)
Apps2SD partition your card via recovery and it's automatic.
If your already partition your sdcard it should be working.If your haven't make sure to back up everything from the sdcard cause you will lose it when you do partition.Then in recovery choose partition sdcard 0swap,ext 734,rest fat. youcan change the numbers if you want.Ill edit this with the link on how to remove sprint bloatware.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-apps/2680-how-remove-sprintware-your-rooted-hero.html

Hey beezy, where are you going to post the new live wallpaper update. I want to try it out soon because the other live wallpaper was not so great.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Only apps2sd 2.5 needs installation, otherwise it should be built into the Rom. I haven't had much luck, I did have a lot of free space (wayyyy more) but I also get a lot of force closes. I think the live wallpaper not sticking may be a memory free issue. Deleting Sprint apps are pretty easy and quickly done from the computer if you have the ask installed

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
ok thx,

1- how do i go about deleting the sprint apps? what is "ASK" sorry but im still new to all the modding on the hero.

2- how do i partition the sd card ? is their a guide to show how ?

thx for the help

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
ok thx,

1- how do i go about deleting the sprint apps? what is "ASK" sorry but im still new to all the modding on the hero.

2- how do i partition the sd card ? is their a guide to show how ?

thx for the help

1.I think he ment to sat SDK.i;m not sure on the commands to remove sprint apps ill get back with thos.

2 there is the info around here somewhere to partition a sd. but ill write you a quick how to. first back up everything.Then power off phone. Now boot into recovery(hold home while hitting power) oN MAIN menu of recovery,scroll down to partition sdcard,select it. now select partition sd. You will use trackball to decide how much memory for swap 0, ext2 768, the rest well be frat.Then reboot if you already have custom rom or flash custom rom with app2sd already included and it should work.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
yeah, sorry, didnt check my typing, i wrote it on the phone and sdk changes to ask

Here are the commands:
Code:
cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools\
adb remount
adb shell
rm /system/app/NAME OF APP.apk

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
1.I think he ment to sat SDK.i;m not sure on the commands to remove sprint apps ill get back with thos.

2 there is the info around here somewhere to partition a sd. but ill write you a quick how to. first back up everything.Then power off phone. Now boot into recovery(hold home while hitting power) oN MAIN menu of recovery,scroll down to partition sdcard,select it. now select partition sd. You will use trackball to decide how much memory for swap 0, ext2 768, the rest well be frat.Then reboot if you already have custom rom or flash custom rom with app2sd already included and it should work.

Backup means copy paste everything on sd card to computer as you will lose this.
and its FAT32, not frat ;), but i can see how you can get those mixed up.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Backup means copy paste everything on sd card to computer as you will lose this.
and its FAT32, not frat ;), but i can see how you can get those mixed up.

Thanks for making that clear,eating pizza and typing not best idea. Also congrats on school.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173