Runaway processor

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
So all of a sudden, my 2-month old Hero started losing battery fast and was pretty warm. The only problem is that I don't think I had too many apps running (no more than usual).

My Hero is stock from Sprint, not rooted.

Any way of telling what process(es) is/are running away from me so I can kill them?

willistheyounger

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
open market and download advanced task killer it allows you to select which apps you want running in the background and allows you to "kill" all others

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Astro file manager from the market has a process manager that will tell you with detail of what's running.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
top should work on a non rooted phone from a terminal emulator, or from the adb shell

kill [pid] may or may not work, depends on the permissions of the process.

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I know many will disagree with me on this, but have you checked for the SMS bug? Many will say it was patched, but when I opened my brand new Hero back less than 2 months ago I did have the bug, even though I had the latest update that was available OTA.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I know many will disagree with me on this, but have you checked for the SMS bug? Many will say it was patched, but when I opened my brand new Hero back less than 2 months ago I did have the bug, even though I had the latest update that was available OTA.

Not ringing a bell. Could you clarify?

toasty#AC

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

how did you fix it? I think I'm still having the SMS problem even though I'm using Handcent and have the most current updates, because my phone always shows 100% uptime, no matter what I do.