Trying to open an appointment crashes Calendar

Ukyo

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I was trying to open up an appointment on my calendar but each time I try and open it, I receive the following error msg:

The process com.htc.calendar has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I have to click on the "Force Close" button and I believe the app just restarts. The appointment is basic with a reminder and an url link. I can open up other appointments for that day no problem. It's just one particular one I can't without crashing calendar.

Has anyone experienced this?

qarby

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I had the same problem with mine hero.
After a hard reset, i logged to clean gmail account - i mean where calendar is empty and never used. This helped and syncing was ok. I did another reset and put proper gmail account. That solved my problem. Everything is now ok.
These resets i did without SIM card and SD card in phone.
Hope this solution can help.

Regards
Chris

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Whenever I try to open either a specific date or appointment on my calendar I get a force close. I have tried wiping and restoring, tried deleting all info on the calendar and resyncing, even tried restoring an old nandroid backup; but no matter what I do I get the force close. Please help!

*UPDATE*
I found somewhere to reflash the original RUU which COMPLETELY restores phone, and after re-setting my phone back up I don't have the issue anymore. I think my issue was with all the ROMs I was trying out, and the huge number of apps I go thru, heh.

Last edited:

pclive

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Event Pop-up reminders beyond 7days crashes calendar event when editing/viewing

If you set pop-up reminders beyond 7 days before an event (done from the online Google Calendar), the phone calendar will crash when you attempt to view/edit that event from your phone.

This affects my HTC Hero and maybe other phones too.

The online Google Calendar has options for two types of reminders (email and pop-up). The pop-up is the one that syncs with the phone's calendar reminders. When setting an event reminder online, the options are: minutes, hours, days, weeks

You set the reminder to the actual # of minutes, hours, days, or weeks before the event.

The HTC Hero reminder options has preset numbers to choose from (below)

None
5 min
10 min
15 min
20 min
25 min
30 min
45 min
1 hr
2 hrs
3 hrs
12 hrs
24 hrs
2 days
1 week

1 week is the max. If you setup an event reminder from the Online Google Calendar with setting other than the presets on the phone (but less than 7 days), then the reminder setting will show up when you go to edit the reminder from your phone. However, if you set the pop-up reminder to anything above 7 days, then when you attempt to view/edit that event on the phone calendar, you get the message "...the process com.htc.calendar has stopped...". Again, the only way you can set a reminder to more than 7 days, is from the online Google Calendar. I’ve confirmed this multiple ways setting the pop-up reminder just beyond seven days.

This includes setting it to:
2 weeks
8 days
169 hours
10081 minutes

So the key is not so set reminders any longer than 7 days before the event. If you have reminders set reminders this way causing problems, correct the setting by editing from the online Google Calendar. Once synced to the phone, you should then be able to view/edit the event as normal.

Hope this helps someone.
Regards,
Paul

Last edited: