Trading Palm Pre for a Hero

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
While waiting for the HTC Evo, I was offered a Hero for my Pre. I'm going to trade but I can't remember if that would void my rebate eligibility (which is in July/August).

I won't be messing up my chances with this trade right? If so, I'll deal with my Pre until my rebate comes around.

Celith

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't affect your upgrade date since it's not subsidized by the carrier. Though calling customer service first couldn't hurt..

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't affect your upgrade date since it's not subsidized by the carrier. Though calling customer service first couldn't hurt..

I think that you're right, a call to customer service will be my best bet or talking to the sprint rep before trading.

I definitely do NOT want to mess up eligibility on a Hero (while it may be a fine device) when the Evo is right around the corner.

rippley05

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I switched from a palm pre to a hero during my first 30 days with sprint, I'm glad I did even tho the updates are horribly slow.

The pre was a great phone but it just had so many hardware/software malfunctions in my first 30 days...and the android phones are just better IMO.

That said I would definitely call and check just to be sure...the EVO is going to be awesome.

shawninut

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Hero off of eBay 2 weeks ago and tossed my Pre. I called CS and was told that because I did not get the phone thru Sprint that my upgrade date will remain the same. Waiting for the upgrade to the Hero and then wait for all the bugs to be worked out of the Evo and then pick one up a lot cheaper around the holidays.

tojoe616

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Just make sure they add it as a hardware swap and not run it through as an upgrade. I have so many people come in from our local sprint store where someone processes it wrong. So I have to call sprint and have the eligibility reset. Best Buy can do the swap for you if you have one local to you. Just go in and ask them to do a hardware swap for you.

forrest09

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
YA dude i work at radioshack and was just on the line with sprint yesterday askin the same question as a double check. your fine just go to your sprint account online, go to your device, hit change device and input the serial and your good to go.... i just used my upgrade for the hero yesterday and im switching from the pre, both phones are freaking awesome, and i too am waiting for the EVO, ill get it on another family members upgrade when its not 300 on upgrade.... the hero should hold me over... its already rooted and clocked and the pre is all homebrew as well! =D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke