Installed "official" 2.1 leak, laggy?

Version 1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I installed the signed leak with no issues on Friday once the news hit. At first I was in heaven with the new market, apps, sense tweaks, etc. But as the weekend wore on I noticed that it's not nearly as responsive as it was with 1.5 (using task killer). I've especially noticed the sms and email apps have a ton more lag (the sms app now has "loading" when it starts which didn't happen with 1.5).

So the question is after seeing all of the posts about this leak making everyone's Heroes run so much faster- what am I doing wrong?

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Only issue for me is that I can't access the SU part. I am able to work thru that. Do we want to have this thread moved to the ROM section?

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So I installed the signed leak with no issues on Friday once the news hit. At first I was in heaven with the new market, apps, sense tweaks, etc. But as the weekend wore on I noticed that it's not nearly as responsive as it was with 1.5 (using task killer). I've especially noticed the sms and email apps have a ton more lag (the sms app now has "loading" when it starts which didn't happen with 1.5).

So the question is after seeing all of the posts about this leak making everyone's Heroes run so much faster- what am I doing wrong?

Yeah I'm getting the same thing. This "official leak" is pretty buggy. For some reason my phone keyboard locks up if I try to type the word "I'm".

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
Weird. I installed the leak and it runs way better than 1.5 did, and I have no issues that I've noticed yet. Been playing with it all weekend and for me, it's a major improvement.

mountaindont

May 17, 2010
Visit site
hi there
couple of facts

1)now that you've installed the RUU, and not a custom rom, you have lost root, and until a developer finds another exploit, you cant get it back. without root, there is no need to have SU installed, as you cannot make any root actions.
2)if your phone seems "buggy" or "laggy" there are a couple of troubleshooting tips you can consider; those being the basics, as you dont have root, and theres not much you can do :)
2a)reboot. i know i know, youd be surprised how many times ive seen a simple reboot work MIRACLES
2b)clearing data
3b)hard reset. crappy, i know, but sometimes thats what it takes
4b)claim insurance, get a new phone, root and enjoy :) i only say this because, god knows i couldnt live with stock...

happy flashing!
...or lack of...

ICON76

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Ok i have a few questions.
1. If I go ahead and install the leaked update will I still be able to install the official one when it finally does come out?
2. If I do go ahead and install the leaked one and then the official one (if im able to) will I be able to root later down the road?
3. Also what are the chances of the official update coming out on 5/21?
Sorry for being such a noob lol. Im just really confused lol. Oh and what is RUU and SU stand for lol?
Thanks in advance!!

kelmar

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok i have a few questions.
1. If I go ahead and install the leaked update will I still be able to install the official one when it finally does come out?
2. If I do go ahead and install the leaked one and then the official one (if im able to) will I be able to root later down the road?
3. Also what are the chances of the official update coming out on 5/21?
Sorry for being such a noob lol. Im just really confused lol. Oh and what is RUU and SU stand for lol?
Thanks in advance!!

1) Probably yes, but until it's out we won't know for sure
2) Unknown at this point. The Developers may not bother to try to root it (1.5 already rooted and Evo coming out soon...). Once again, until it's out, we won't know for sure.
3) 50%. That is maybe yes and maybe no. Once again, until it's out, we don't know for sure.

RUU = ROM Update Utility
SU = Superuser Permission

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
1) Probably yes, but until it's out we won't know for sure
2) Unknown at this point. The Developers may not bother to try to root it (1.5 already rooted and Evo coming out soon...). Once again, until it's out, we won't know for sure.
3) 50%. That is maybe yes and maybe no. Once again, until it's out, we don't know for sure.

RUU = ROM Update Utility
SU = Superuser Permission

I'm pretty sure the devs are going to root it. Not every dev is going to have an EVO. I'd bank on it.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
On top of GSD.apk being in there, there is also a process that is killing performance as well. I'm going to see if I'm plagued by it. I'm running Flipz overclocked ROM for today and we'll see how bad and fast this puppy is.