Screen shots on HTC Hero

davidg4781

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so I recently switched to a Hero from a Palm Pre. I got a text with a sad face and it shows up as a sad Android dude.

I thought, right, that's neat, attention to detail and all, let me take a screen shot and send it to a couple of friends.

I've spent the past 10 minutes looking online how to take a screen shot, and all I can come up with is I have to root my phone, debug, connect to a computer, whatever.

Seriously??? Why can't I press a few buttons or something and have it automatically do this? Jesus! My old Trēo 650 had a program that easily did this. Pre? Hold down a couple of buttons.

I don't understand why people love Android so much. Maybe because I'm new, but my god. Seems as though I have to root and download SDKs and PVR and HPV just to do basic functions.

mk3

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Amen. I loved my Pre, all of them... I loved how easy it was to get a quick patch or create your own, without having to rely on someone creating an app in the market just to change something as silly as the battery percentage or top bar icons.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately you have to root the phone or use the sdk on a computer to take a screen shot. I agree that this is a problem and hopefully gets fixed in future iterations of Android (ICS).

If you decide to take the plunge and root the Hero (I wouldn't see why not :p), then you should be able to do so in a few simple steps. Read up on the forums to understand root, there are a few threads floating around with great information.

Follow this thread by Beezy: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...6118-how-root-your-sprint-hero-one-click.html

You can simply root and not change the ROM...this will give you some of the added benefit of using root only apps, such as screenshot apps, titanium backup, etc.

allisonlee240

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I just figured it out after searching for a long time to find the answer, so I thought I'd take the time to let you know because I know how frustrating it was to not be able to find it anywhere on the web. All you have to do is hold down the lock button and tap the home button. Screen shot minus all that plug in .

:)

jujmaytwin2

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Oh my gosh! Thank you so much allisonlee240!! After all the complicated stuff I've read from others trying to tell how to do this, I knew there was some easy way that I was just missing. You explained it to me finally and it is so easy!! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX