Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Extra Crispy

Quote Originally Posted by nefas View Post
    So what are the known bugs/omissions in the official 2.1?

I'm reading:
    Bluetooth virtually nonexistent
    No live wallpapers, or friendstream
    No gallery (but app available?)
    No voice input (work around available without root)
    yeap theres bluetooth prob,gallery you should be able to put the apk on sdcard and install with a file manager.No ROOT yet,theres a program called gsd that keeps the awake time pretty much the same a up time,might be a wierd usage my twitter eating up cpu in the background,the audio loss problem seems to possibly still be there.

grrr.... HTC Sync doesn't seem to want to work under virtualization (Windows running under Parallels on a Mac).

Thanks beezy. It might sound odd, but I think the gf will be better off without root as of now.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ParanoidAndroid 4.0.4

so how can I get the live wallpapers?

Carrier
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

as of now, it want included in the release, maybe they are holding on on it as a selling point for the evo...

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Extra Crispy

Quote Originally Posted by thebabilonias View Post
    so how can I get the live wallpapers?
    If you have used the ruu then you can't til root is established again.If you are rooted then there some flashable zips in the hacking forums to get livewallpapers.

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Extra Crispy

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    as of now, it want included in the release, maybe they are holding on on it as a selling point for the evo...
    Nope not the case,there will never be livewallpapers on the hero from a official release,only done by hacking.

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Extra Crispy

Quote Originally Posted by nefas View Post
    Thanks beezy. It might sound odd, but I think the gf will be better off without root as of now.
    But then you cant make here a pretty pink theme. J/K

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

How do i back up my contacts and the apps i paid for?

Carrier

isn't that what i said? not in the release lol

Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by ICON76 View Post
    How do i back up my comtacts and the apps i paid for?
    you will be able to find all your purchased apps after you sign back into your profile. just go to the app store and click downloaded

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Ok what about my contacts? Do i just need to sign into my google account then sign back out?

Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by ICON76 View Post
    Ok what about my contacts? Do i just need to sign into my google account then sign back out?
    when you sign into your Google account it should be there, however i recommend backing it up with sync or a 3rd party.
    ICON76 likes this.

Carrier

Tethering auto enabled with 2.1?

When i plug into the computer is gives me the option to "share phones mobile network with pc", gives me a pcs error msg though =(

Quote Originally Posted by ERDude View Post
    The lack of OTA for we Mac users sucks. Guess I'll be heading over to the nearest Sprint store to get the update and the dust under the screen taken care of.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I tried running HTC Sync in Windows under Parallels for the Mac, but it didn't want to talk to the device.

So wait, they can remove the dust under the screen at the store?

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Extra Crispy

Quote Originally Posted by flyawaymike View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I tried running HTC Sync in Windows under Parallels for the Mac, but it didn't want to talk to the device.

So wait, they can remove the dust under the screen at the store?
    If they have a tech at the store they can.

Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    Tethering auto enabled with 2.1?

When i plug into the computer is gives me the option to "share phones mobile network with pc", gives me a pcs error msg though =(
    No, its a feature of 2.1, but Sprint blocks it. You either need a different PRI or have a rooted version of the update.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ParanoidAndroid 4.0.4

Default new custom ROM

I just updated my Hero to the 2.1 at the Sprint store, but it didnt come with the live wallpapers, so effen pissed! is there any way someone can find me a video that can guide me step by step on how to get a new ROM that has the live wallpapers included?

Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thebabilonias View Post
    I just updated my Hero to the 2.1 at the Sprint store, but it didnt come with the live wallpapers, so effen pissed! is there any way someone can find me a video that can guide me step by step on how to get a new ROM that has the live wallpapers included?
    No, you installed a non-rooted RUU at the sprint store. You're SOL until someone comes up with a root to 2.1 (if anyone does).

Okay, so to beat this down even more.. (this question anyways), the leak from last week, 2.1-update1 is the same as the official one released today (2.1eclair)? Right? I see the software info numbers are the same from what is posted.

Also, will Sprint notice a difference if I ever have to take it to a repair center (within the next 3 weeks since Evo is coming out).

Thanks, and sorry for asking again, I just wanted to get a solid answer here.

Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Okay, so to beat this down even more.. (this question anyways), the leak from last week, 2.1-update1 is the same as the official one released today (2.1eclair)? Right? I see the software info numbers are the same from what is posted.

Also, will Sprint notice a difference if I ever have to take it to a repair center (within the next 3 weeks since Evo is coming out).

Thanks, and sorry for asking again, I just wanted to get a solid answer here.
    It's exactly the same. We just got it from the same source that Sprint did, and didn't have to test before release

I just had mine updated at the Sprint store and have live wallpapers or at least they look live, the clouds are floating across the screen.

Bad thing is they scratched the heck out of my screen and phone casing, plus broke the faux chrome around the usb port. Guess who's getting a nice new Hero. I'll keep that boxed up to sell and go to my old curve until I get the EVO.

Default No Google Talk for 2.1? What's a good replacement?

I've looked high and low, apparently there's not Google Talk app for 2.1. What does everyone use, pros/cons?

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Extra Crispy

Quote Originally Posted by ERDude View Post
    I just had mine updated at the Sprint store and have live wallpapers or at least they look live, the clouds are floating across the screen.

Bad thing is they scratched the heck out of my screen and phone casing, plus broke the faux chrome around the usb port. Guess who's getting a nice new Hero. I'll keep that boxed up to sell and go to my old curve until I get the EVO.
    Thats just weather animation,not livewallpapers.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast