Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

There is on my moment running 2.1, I'd be surprised if there isnt a version for the Hero.

Did you look for an icon that just said 'Talk'?

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

Quote Originally Posted by ERDude View Post
    I've looked high and low, apparently there's not Google Talk app for 2.1. What does everyone use, pros/cons?
    If your talking about the gtalk app that usually comes on stock,it should be there ive been using it the last few days.

try a reboot? It's there on my Heros with 2.1, and it's inside the RUU. I've attached the apks in case you can install them from adb
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Quote Originally Posted by ERDude View Post
    I just had mine updated at the Sprint store and have live wallpapers or at least they look live, the clouds are floating across the screen.

Bad thing is they scratched the heck out of my screen and phone casing, plus broke the faux chrome around the usb port. Guess who's getting a nice new Hero. I'll keep that boxed up to sell and go to my old curve until I get the EVO.
    yeah I called my local Sprint store and they told me they're not doing that till tomorrow. :-/

that's answers it, boy do I feel dumb, looking for Google Talk, and GTalk, never thought about plain old talk.

Thanks guys.

so the clock flipping animation still isnt available in 2.1?

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM on both

Any info on what, specifically, is wrong with the Bluetooth in the official update?

Does it still support AVRCP?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    ParanoidAndroid 4.0.4

Thats what I mean though, I see all these Heros on Youtube with the live wallpapers I just need someone to walk me through the install process

Quote Originally Posted by thebabilonias View Post
    Thats what I mean though, I see all these Heros on Youtube with the live wallpapers I just need someone to walk me through the install process
    All those Heros were rooted and running a mix of things from the N1 and Desire rebuilt by some great developers to have the live wallpapers. The Hero (or Eris, G1, MT3G, etc) were never intended to have them.

Is your phone rooted?
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

You have to have root to get livewallpapers,which i beleive you said last page you had sprint store flash 2.1 for you.Then you can't do it,theres files that need to be added and removed,plus you have to replace rosie.For weather animation turn screen off then unlock the screen don't touch it for a few seconds.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you installed the official release by Sprint, you can't get them. The live wallpapers is a patch that needs to be flashed (something you can't do because you aren't rooted and therefore cannot add the recovery image). If you want to give it a shot anyway, you have to install two apps livewallpapers.apk and livewallpaperselector.apk into system/app (or data) folder, which I also believe you need root access to add files to.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rufflez View Post
    If you installed the official release by Sprint, you can't get them. The live wallpapers is a patch that needs to be flashed (something you can't do because you aren't rooted and therefore cannot add the recovery image). If you want to give it a shot anyway, you have to install two apps livewallpapers.apk and livewallpaperselector.apk into system/app (or data) folder, which I also believe you need root access to add files to.
    just installed the two livewallpaper.apk that you mention and i also installed the gallery.apk but you cant apply any of the livewallpaper but it installed perfectly

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

Quote Originally Posted by willistheyounger View Post
    just installed the two livewallpaper.apk that you mention and i also installed the gallery.apk but you cant apply any of the livewallpaper but it installed perfectly
    Then you still need to replace rosie with the one that was hacked to let livewallpapers work.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by beezy420 View Post
    Then you still need to replace rosie with the one that was hacked to let livewallpapers work.
    i will try since my end button is peeling sprint has ordered me a new phone so if i mess this up i have a new one in the morning

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

rosie will not install

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

rosie will not install
    Yeah if you can't push or flash rosie someway then no go.If/when they root then ya can.

rosie will not install
    ruh-roh!

Is anyone else having serious keyboard lag. I just downloaded 2.1 and now my keyboard takes forever in txt messages.

Default Keyboard lag after upgrading to 2.1

Hello everyone,

I just downloaded the official 2.1 upgrade for the HTC Hero. I was very excited to try the new software, but now I regret downloading it. My keyboard is 10x worse then it was before. It is extremely laggy. Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone know a solution?

Thanks,

Shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter1701 View Post
    Is anyone else having serious keyboard lag. I just downloaded 2.1 and now my keyboard takes forever in txt messages.
    I have a little lag, but not nearly as bad as it was with 1.5

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    Any info on what, specifically, is wrong with the Bluetooth in the official update?

Does it still support AVRCP?

Thanks.
    Only bluetooth issue i have had is the DUN with pdaNet not working with the hero. Works fine with the moto droid on 2.1.

Connected my headset fairly easily, works as good as 1.5

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

no problems here on my 2.1 upgrade however......try a battery pull or maybe d/l a new keyboard layout

Are you using the stock Android keyboard? Or did you download another keyboard and are using that?

I've noticed the stock keyboard works just fine, but if I switch to Better Keyboard, it slows down to Major Suck Status.

I've been using the stock keyboard after updating yesterday. No problems or lags here. I removed the "Vibrate when typing" option long ago and have noticed this helped with the (very) slight lag issues I had.

Settings>Language & keyboard>Touch Input>Text input>Vibrate when typing

Hey, ERDude -

I had the same problem. My initial reaction was to freak out and scream. No GTalk!?!? Then I found Talk and sighed a big sigh of relief. Now, if only we could find a really great BlackBerry Messenger port/clone/mod for Android. My life would be complete.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast