Sprint Hero 2.1 released(facts and finding/complaints)thread

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
There is on my moment running 2.1, I'd be surprised if there isnt a version for the Hero.

Did you look for an icon that just said 'Talk'?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I've looked high and low, apparently there's not Google Talk app for 2.1. What does everyone use, pros/cons?

If your talking about the gtalk app that usually comes on stock,it should be there ive been using it the last few days.

flyawaymike

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I just had mine updated at the Sprint store and have live wallpapers or at least they look live, the clouds are floating across the screen.

Bad thing is they scratched the heck out of my screen and phone casing, plus broke the faux chrome around the usb port. Guess who's getting a nice new Hero. I'll keep that boxed up to sell and go to my old curve until I get the EVO.

yeah I called my local Sprint store and they told me they're not doing that till tomorrow. :-/

Hoos

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Any info on what, specifically, is wrong with the Bluetooth in the official update?

Does it still support AVRCP?

Thanks.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Thats what I mean though, I see all these Heros on Youtube with the live wallpapers I just need someone to walk me through the install process

All those Heros were rooted and running a mix of things from the N1 and Desire rebuilt by some great developers to have the live wallpapers. The Hero (or Eris, G1, MT3G, etc) were never intended to have them.

Is your phone rooted?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I mean though, I see all these Heros on Youtube with the live wallpapers I just need someone to walk me through the install process

You have to have root to get livewallpapers,which i beleive you said last page you had sprint store flash 2.1 for you.Then you can't do it,theres files that need to be added and removed,plus you have to replace rosie.For weather animation turn screen off then unlock the screen don't touch it for a few seconds.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

If you installed the official release by Sprint, you can't get them. The live wallpapers is a patch that needs to be flashed (something you can't do because you aren't rooted and therefore cannot add the recovery image). If you want to give it a shot anyway, you have to install two apps livewallpapers.apk and livewallpaperselector.apk into system/app (or data) folder, which I also believe you need root access to add files to.

willistheyounger

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
If you installed the official release by Sprint, you can't get them. The live wallpapers is a patch that needs to be flashed (something you can't do because you aren't rooted and therefore cannot add the recovery image). If you want to give it a shot anyway, you have to install two apps livewallpapers.apk and livewallpaperselector.apk into system/app (or data) folder, which I also believe you need root access to add files to.

just installed the two livewallpaper.apk that you mention and i also installed the gallery.apk but you cant apply any of the livewallpaper but it installed perfectly

flyawaymike

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
rosie will not install

ruh-roh!

robots_cartoons_rosie_dog.jpg

shooter1701

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Keyboard lag after upgrading to 2.1

Hello everyone,

I just downloaded the official 2.1 upgrade for the HTC Hero. I was very excited to try the new software, but now I regret downloading it. My keyboard is 10x worse then it was before. It is extremely laggy. Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone know a solution?

Thanks,

Shooter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87