1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Hero (Sprint) - how to turn on voice-to-text?

I'm asking this for my Sister because she's not at all web forum savy, but I do not have this phone - it's hers.

Her Sprint Blackberry died and she wasn't able to upgrade yet, so they sent her the HTC Hero as a replacement, telling her it was a great phone. Funny - it only gets a couple of stars on Sprints own web site.

Anyway, when trying to walk her through sending a text over the phone, when she pulls up the keyboard in the text area there is not a microphone key for voice to text such as my Android phone has. She said they did all phone updates on her phone before she left the store with this one.

Is this a feature that isn't available on her older model, or is there something that needs to be done to turn this feature on so the mic key shows up? I'm not the most tech savy person myself so haven't been able to figure it out over the phone with her.

ROM
    Speed Rom Jellybean

Default Re: HTC Hero (Sprint) - how to turn on voice-to-text?

I had a lot of problems with the voice to text feature on my Hero as well. It actuallly got to the point where it was completely broken and wouldnt work at all. I would highly recommend rooting the phone and installing a custom ROM. This will also allow you to flash the voice to text app to the phone to fix it if it doesnt work. The only other thing you can do is try and reset the phone to stock. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.