Installed Rings Extended - Made wrong choice

slipdisc

Jun 3, 2010
www.phat1.com
I installed Rings Extended from the market. I was working fine. I tried to change the default ringer for SMS and chose the standard android picker and the box to make it the default was selected.

There was an option before to choose the picker, android or rings extended. But not anymore, just the default android picker now. How do I get the option to choose back?

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
It offered you a choice between Android System and Rings Extended, right? Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications, find Android System, tap on it. A bunch of information on a screen will pop up, scroll down and find the section Launch by defaults. If the Clear Defaults button is active, press it, then try to select a ringtone. It should show you the pop up choice dialog again. If it doesn't, or you see no defaults for Android System, try to reinstall Rings Extended, that should prompt the dialog to appear too.

slipdisc

Jun 3, 2010
www.phat1.com
It offered you a choice between Android System and Rings Extended, right? Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications, find Android System, tap on it. A bunch of information on a screen will pop up, scroll down and find the section Launch by defaults. If the Clear Defaults button is active, press it, then try to select a ringtone. It should show you the pop up choice dialog again. If it doesn't, or you see no defaults for Android System, try to reinstall Rings Extended, that should prompt the dialog to appear too.

Thanks Foxman! Worked perfectly. I knew it had to be a rather simple fix, just wasn't quite sure how.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12