Google Contacts not syncing

alex737

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Anyone having a problem with sync contacts with their Google account. Mine has not synced since May 20th. A little notification (red !) says "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly.)

Any help would be appreciated

markyflies

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Having the same problem. My Hero wont sync any Google data, contacts, calendar or e-mail.

Any one have any answers or suggestions.

Thanks

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Try this go to accounts&sync then select google,unselect all three contacts,gmail,calendar then reselect all of them.It should sync,hopefully.

markyflies

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Well I tried that, no luck..... I am afraid to do a factory rest... DO NOT want to enter all my info manually. If the sync is busted. Could this be a phone issue?

SHADCHA

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I called Sprint the other day with this same issue.... In total spent over 2.5hrs talking to a bunch of idiots that had no idea how to fix this problem.

markyflies

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I called Sprint the other day with this same issue.... In total spent over 2.5hrs talking to a bunch of idiots that had no idea how to fix this problem.

GREAT!!! I have posted this problem on a Google forum. Hopefully someone form Google will have a answer.

alex737

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I went to the Sprint store. They fixed the issue for me with a factory reset. They also fixed the download button issue I had with picture mail. Every time I got a picture mail message instead of a preview of the pic, got a download button instead. I am never calling Sprint again.

markyflies

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I went to the Sprint store. They fixed the issue for me with a factory reset. They also fixed the download button issue I had with picture mail. Every time I got a picture mail message instead of a preview of the pic, got a download button instead. I am never calling Sprint again.

So after the factory reset did Google sync work? You got your contacts to sync, gmail and calendar?

Thanks for the info.

markyflies

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Ok after a factory reset everything was ok. Now my contacts wont sync. Gmail and calendar sync just fine.
Since 6/16 have been getting a red exclamation with a message "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Any ideas or suggestions?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok after a factory reset everything was ok. Now my contacts wont sync. Gmail and calendar sync just fine.
Since 6/16 have been getting a red exclamation with a message "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Any ideas or suggestions?

I thought i seen somewhere about how to fix it,im looking if i find it ill post.Maybe try clearing data on contacts storage.

markyflies

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I thought i seen somewhere about how to fix it,im looking if i find it ill post.Maybe try clearing data on contacts storage.

If I clear data from the "manage applications" will this wipe everything from my contacts? I get a message that pops up and asks if this is ok.
If I do this will I be able to sync up again with Google?

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
My issue with the contacts not synching started on June 25. I've posted messages in the Gmail and Android forums on Google as well as in the Sprint Community Forums looking for help on this issue. I've contacted Sprint Tech Support, but they didn't really help much. I was going to take the phone into a retail store to have support look at it, but my experience with going to the retail store for support is that the techs just reset the phone. From the other posts on this topic, it sounds like a reset doesn't do anything to fix the problem. I navigated through various links on Google to see what the known issues were. I then found a way to submit an issue to Google if it wasn't listed as a known issue. I contact Google about the sync issue, but who knows if they will actually see it and fix the problem.

canterrain

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone try clearing data under contacts storage (under manage applications)? Doing this for gmail and gmail storage fixes a similar sync problem.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same problem for a couple of days. I sure would love to see a statement about this from Sprint or HTC, and a fix. Preferably one that doesn't involve hard resetting the phone.

Last edited:

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
ADDED LATER--Oops, I found this by searching, and hadn't realized that this was in the Hero forum. I'm using a HTC EVO.

I thought I might have found a way to help matters by deleting the Gmail account from the phone and reinstalling, but when I tried that, I got a message saying the only way to do that was to completely reset the phone to factory settings.

markyflies

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Getting a little frustrated. I don't want to wipe out my contacts if I can't get sync to work.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01