new here..need some help

armychris28210

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
hey people. just introducing myself. I'm chris. Had jailbroke iphones and unlocked blackberrys, so this isnt my first rodeo, but....i cant root this damn phone. i have a hero.ive read all the threads<even the read this firsts>, done the steps. when i try to run the downgrade to the .651.5 i always get a usb error....but my computer recognises my phone and htc sync recognises it as well. any ideas? im sure people have been here before. i mainly want to speed this thing up and get rid of some bloat.
thnx in advance for any help.
cb

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Let me see if im understanding you right. You have 2.1 and did the over the air update? Now your trying to run the ruu so that your back at .5 instead of .6

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Man you just had to haev win 7.lol j/k Try install pdanet it should install all the drivers your pc needs.

armychris28210

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
yeah..did that just now. didnt change the outcome.same issue...if i throw it really hard againt the wall, will that help. ive been tryin to do this for a couple days off and on. i cant even sync my contacts...but htcsync seems to work.

Last edited:

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i know 1st hand that win7 messes with firewire drivers, so it doesnt really surprize me that usb is odd.

3 ideas to try:

1. Turn off both UAC AND the firewall temporarily. Win7 is really militant about outside devices.

2. download the android sdk and see if you can get the ADB console proggie working, if you can get to that point the RUU should run because the RUU basically uses the same interface. follow the instructions in how do root up till u get adb working.

3. Bit of a pain, but if you have a old copy of xp/vista floating around (or ehem...borrow a disk), set up dual boot temporarily. No need to regierster, you should get 30 days even with out a key.

it could also be that the RUU just isnt designed to run on 64bit. in that case, 3 is your only option.

Last edited:

armychris28210

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
used my desktop...can i use a diff computer to access roms and command line, or can i only use the one i rooted with on my hero?....whats next?
any must haves? over clock/tethers?etc....can i download packs from pirate bay and load them to card?
thnx for all help.cb

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech