Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD Card reading problems

So I'm trying to get this SanDisk micro SD card to read on my computer because I desperatly need to back up the files from it. The SD card came from an HTC Hero that belongs to my late cousin and his wife really needs the pictures and files off it. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appriciated my Android friends! Here are the simptions:

When the card is plugged into an Android phone, the phone say that the card's format is unrecognizable. Tried on Xperia Play and Moto Droid mkI running CMOD. I wish I could try it in the original phone but do to legal reasons around the case we cannot have the phone back for awhile.

When plugged into any card reader or device running in USB host mode, Windows says it cannot read the media and will not even give me control of the card.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED:
    I have tried running UndeletedPlus, but I run into the issue of the program not being able to see the drive.
    I have tried running chkdsk in Windows but I cannot open the volume.

Any help would be appricated. I'll check this forum later tonight when I get home from work and hopefully someone has had this issue and knows of a way I can get the data without reformatting. Thanks in advance guys!

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: SD Card reading problems

Take it to a local computer shop or a data recovery shop. Sounds like a corruption of the file system. There are utilities they can use to rebuild the fie system and recover the data.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.