Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    snarf77's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default Sprint HTC Hero root without flashing roms

    I just want complete control over my phone i just wanna be able to remove stock apps and widgets and the ability to install what i want
  2. #2  
    beezy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    I just want complete control over my phone i just wanna be able to remove stock apps and widgets and the ability to install what i want
    After you root thats what you'll have stock rom with root access,the only thing i see that might give you a problem is some apps need busybox,not that hard to install by hand but a lot easier if its done for you. I have a stock rom that has it built in and wifi tether is built in,but other then that its stock.If you want i can link you to it.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    snarf77's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default

    plz?
  4. #4  
    beezy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

    Default

    The HoneyBun version is stock with busybox and wifi tether installed.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...icial-ruu.html
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    snarf77's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default

    many thanks
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    snarf77's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default

    now to root it lol looks complicated
  7. #7  
    beezy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    now to root it lol looks complicated
    Its really not,it just seems like it,but once you do it you'll be like that was a lot easier then i thought it was.lol
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    snarf77's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default

    know of any good tuts?
  9. #9  
    beezy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    know of any good tuts?
    Are you on 1.5 or 2.1?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    snarf77's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default

    2.1
  11. #11  
    beezy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    2.1
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ing-2-1-a.html

    use this guide.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    snarf77's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default

    many thanks but

    i allowed the ota update
  13. #13  
    beezy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    many thanks but

    i allowed the ota update
    Then read the second post of the link,you need to run the .5 ruu then you can root.
  14. #14  

    Default

    let me know how it goes... Im right there with you on this. I have no idea about programing, but really want to root this phone!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    snarf77's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default

    dang is there an app to backup settings icon positions widget positions and of course apps?????
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    snarf77's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default

    just follow it until it says to flash roms?

    where do i stop?
  17. #17  
    beezy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    just follow it until it says to flash roms?

    where do i stop?
    Did you make a nadroid backup?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    snarf77's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default

    i havent done it yet im just wondering where to stop on that guide since its a pain to reload all the apps n settings all that jazz......im just gonna do the root and install that app you mentioned to remove the stock sprint apps

    i will flash a fully functional froyo rom though
  19. #19  
    beezy's Avatar

    Posts
    2,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    i havent done it yet im just wondering where to stop on that guide since its a pain to reload all the apps n settings all that jazz......im just gonna do the root and install that app you mentioned to remove the stock sprint apps

    i will flash a fully functional froyo rom though
    It will be a little while before a fully functional froyo is out.It's amazing work they are doing.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    snarf77's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default

    it will be alot faster if sprint were to lol
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beezy420 View Post
    After you root thats what you'll have stock rom with root access,the only thing i see that might give you a problem is some apps need busybox,not that hard to install by hand but a lot easier if its done for you. I have a stock rom that has it built in and wifi tether is built in,but other then that its stock.If you want i can link you to it.
    beezy.., what is busybox? What problems should I be expecting with rooted and stock rom?
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    it will be alot faster if sprint were to lol
    I think that's something we all wish would happen.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    snarf77's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

    Default

    1 Click Eris Root App – No PC Required | xda-developers

    can a similar one be expected for the hero?

Posting Permissions