Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default Insane call/dialing lag, HELP ??

ok so what happens is my phone takes SOMETIMES 25-30 seconds just to dial out a number, and so i hit it once, and seconds go by and nothing happens so i hit it again and it calls again so i got two lines open on the same line. its miserable for me and people i call. any other alternatives or ideas to help this lag, ? thanks much

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

Are you running stock 1.5/2.1 or are you rooted?

I have had that happen a couple times also. I don't know how to fix the lag (mine is not 20-30 seconds) but install "call confirm" from the market. It greatly reduces pocket calls and double calling people.

This is something you just have to live with. Try calling your phone from a lan line and see how many rings you hear before your phone rings.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I am running 2.1 not rooted. Thanks fur the replies

Same here. Stock 2.1, unrooted. First call has a 4-5 second delay, but if I then try to call them right back, it waits 30 seconds to dial.

I have this same problem, I hate it, I'm gonna definitely try downloading that call confirm app

I -had- this problem, but do not anymore.

It went away when I started using Honeybun with the alternate Overclock option. The original overclock kernal we were using actually made the problem worse, while the newer oc kernal seems to have fixed it entirely.

Seems a bit extreme to overclock your phone to keep it from making you wait A FULL MINUTE to dial a number.

What if you're trying to dial 911?

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

I had this same exact problem - no joke. It was one of the biggest frustrations I had with the stock 2.1 Sense UI. I have since rooted and tried a few different ROMS and I haven't seen the issue at all since; everything seems to now be working how you would expect a phone to work.

Default Call Lagg

The call lag was introduced in the first 2.1 update from sprint (118mb file that must be installed from computer.) The secound small over the air update fixed this call lag issue. If you have not run the check for updates button on your phone in a while it might be worth a try. Be aware that this secound update also removes the hole in 2.1 that allowed hero owners to root (unless there is a new procedure i am unaware of.) So you might want to deal with the call lagg if you are going to root in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglesionu View Post
    The call lag was introduced in the first 2.1 update from sprint (118mb file that must be installed from computer.) The secound small over the air update fixed this call lag issue. If you have not run the check for updates button on your phone in a while it might be worth a try. Be aware that this secound update also removes the hole in 2.1 that allowed hero owners to root (unless there is a new procedure i am unaware of.) So you might want to deal with the call lagg if you are going to root in the future.
    I applied both the 2.1 update and the subsequent update that was OTA. I still have huge call lag when dialing.

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuyInNC View Post
    I applied both the 2.1 update and the subsequent update that was OTA. I still have huge call lag when dialing.
    Same here - I was completely official until this drove me nuts. Now I'm loving the ROM scene.

Did you try using a home screen manager other than SenseUI before you rooted? I'd be interested to find out if it works correctly without SenseUI but with the default ROM. I still have the SenseUI home screen manager running but I really don't have anything left on the 3 screens I actually use that requires it.

The problem occurs when the phone runs out of memory. Add the 'Running Services' widget to your desktop and get in the habit of checking it. In the bottom-left corner you should usually see "16MB + 70MB" or some such combination. Sprint must've installed some apps (SprintTV?!) that leak memory. Whenever I'm having the problem I go into Running Services and if it says "16MB + 0.0 MB" I kill one of the current processes, and everything clears-up. Usually it's "SprintTV" I kill, but I also sometimes kill "Amazon MP3" or "CM Manager" (I think that's the voicemail indicator).
    Thanked by:
    jdlyons8946 likes this.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Seems a bit extreme to overclock your phone to keep it from making you wait A FULL MINUTE to dial a number.

What if you're trying to dial 911?
    The OP said 25-30 seconds. You have now doubled it to "a full minute".

And if you are trying to dial 911, I suppose you just have to wait. I see no way around it.

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kehanra99 View Post
    Did you try using a home screen manager other than SenseUI before you rooted? I'd be interested to find out if it works correctly without SenseUI but with the default ROM. I still have the SenseUI home screen manager running but I really don't have anything left on the 3 screens I actually use that requires it.
    I did not. This was only one of the many factors that I quickly became frustrated with, so I jumped right into rooting my phone and installing other ROMs.

...And it seems so far that all of my frustrations have gone away . Well, except for the lack of a proximity sensor - that one really drives me mad.

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

Quote Originally Posted by kehanra99 View Post
    You would still have sense running.Switching launcher doesn't shut sense off,it would have to be completely ripped out of the rom,to not run sense.

Quote Originally Posted by slipdisc View Post
    The OP said 25-30 seconds. You have now doubled it to "a full minute".

And if you are trying to dial 911, I suppose you just have to wait. I see no way around it.
    And your point is? If he's waiting only 30 seconds and I'm waiting a minute, then he's lucky.

Regardless, it's a long lag. MUCH longer than is acceptable. I should not have to root or use custom ROMs to fix an issue that Sprint allowed to be publicly released.

Fix it, Sprint. Now.

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

And your point is? If he's waiting only 30 seconds and I'm waiting a minute, then he's lucky.

Regardless, it's a long lag. MUCH longer than is acceptable. I should not have to root or use custom ROMs to fix an issue that Sprint allowed to be publicly released.

Fix it, Sprint. Now.
    I completely agree with the above statement. I'm not advocating rooting your phone and voiding your warranty to fix something that shouldn't even be a problem - I'm just trying to chime in and state how I have personally avoided the issue. If you were on the fence about rooting and installing a custom ROM, my information may steer you.

Im having the same issue.
    VERY annoying.

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Where would one find the "running services" Widget? Is it part of an app that needs to be installed? Thanks....
    Samsung Galaxy S3 CyanogenMod 10.2

press-and-hold any unused spot on the homescreen (any of them) and you'll activate the Add To Home menu. Select Shortcuts > Services > Running Services and you'll get a new button on the screen.

So, 'technically', it's a Shortcut not a Widget :-)
    Thanked by:
    qdigga 

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Fix it, Sprint. Now.
    The point I was making is just that it sounded like you took the OP's original 30 seconds and increased what he said by 100% to a "full minute". I didn't realize you were having the same issue and it was lagging by a full minute.

However I would agree that even 30 seconds is much too long to wait on the phone to respond. I never had that problem and I own 2 heros. I rooted for completely different reasons.

I doubt Sprint will address this in the future either. Just my .02

Cheers

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Is this happening when you first boot up the phone? cause thats normal. If its happening after your phones been on for a while, then yeah, thats not normal, and thats the official crap that Sprint/HTC put out as a stock operating system. Rooting/ROM will make you a much happier camper.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast