Need Help backin up Contacts....

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
So I'm still running 1.5 on my Hero with Sprint and i just saw on this website that the update to 2.1 is out already and of course i didnt know nor did my phone tell me. im trying to update since im off work today and have ample time. but i dont want my contacts erased.....can someone please tell me how i can save those so when im done with the update i can have them back on the phone.

also....what the hell is FROYO and how will it cure world hunger?! (meanin why is there so much hype on it.) lol

thanks to anyone who can shed some light.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You can sync your contacts with google and everything will be stored online. When you update to 2.1 you can then sign back into google with the phone and re-sync to put the contacts back on your phone. that's probably the easiest way to do it.

Froyo is the newest Android OS, 2.2. It was announced by Sprint yesterday via Twitter that the Moment and Hero will no be getting Froyo. Several developers are working on a port for the Heroc.

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
How do i sync them with google though? thats what im tryin to figure out. and thanks for telliln me about Froyo. what a wierd name.

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
How do i sync them with google though? thats what im tryin to figure out. and thanks for telliln me about Froyo. what a wierd name.

If you signed in through google originally it should sync automatically. Sign in to the same gmail account on the computer and check the contacts, your phone contacts should all be there (and vis versa).

And FroYo is short for frozen yogurt. All android names are desserts or pastries... donut, Cupcake, eclair, Froyo. Many roms are along a similar theme.. Ex Honeybun.

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
If you signed in through google originally it should sync automatically. Sign in to the same gmail account on the computer and check the contacts, your phone contacts should all be there (and vis versa).

And FroYo is short for frozen yogurt. All android names are desserts or pastries... donut, Cupcake, eclair, Froyo. Many roms are along a similar theme.. Ex Honeybun.

i see...well i logged in to my Gmail account and nope...nothing. even though under the Settings> Data Sync it says everything is updated...
also...under my Contacts>View it says that only 12 contacts are Google and 228 Phone. And those 12 Google contacts ARE showing on Gmail but not the 228 Phone ones. Is that why? and how can i change the contacts to Gmail instead of Phone?

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
back them up with mybackup, then restore them. the restore doesnt know they were in 'phone' and puts them on google.

markyflies

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have a fix for my sync problem? Gmail, calendar both sync just fine. Google contacts will not. Get a message "sync experiencing problems will be back shortly"
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34