Hero vs moment after 2.1 update

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone tried both phones after the 2.1 updates? Someone is willing to trade me their moment for my hero and I really want that faster processor, but dont want to loe multi touch?

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I have 6 months before I can get the $150 upgrade (although I may just buy it outright depending on when it's released and if 2.2 is out for the Hero by then). I was banking on keeping the Hero because it will get 2.2 through Cyanogen, while the Moment wasn't on the list. Sometimes the Hero gets really laggy and then sometimes it will speed back up again. I think it gets laggy when things get saved to the SD card. For example, if I download a song or something and it gets saved to the SD card it'll slow down and stay that way until a reboot. But I know with 2.2 it will speed up.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
It was pretty quick on 2.2. Gave it a try today.

So there is already a ROM up and running? I think I did read that there was one out but that it wasnt functional yet. Was it made through the JIT? Does it make the slow proceasor less noticieable, like take away lag and stuff? I mean if it really can make devices like 10 times faster would basically turn the Hero into the EVO lol. How long would you say untidl a public version is released?

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
so would you say it's worth it to download it? are those the only non-functional things? as long as i can get on the web, make phone calls, and retrieve my mail i'll use it

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
its worth the download just to play with.

GPS is now fixed, but location services are not working yet (so googlemaps works, but no weather widgets etc)

its very stable

JIT has also been disbaled, as perfomance increase was marginal under froyo (linpack results are artificial - kind of like Hard Drive speeds with disk cache enabled under windows used to be)

Quadrant is a better performance indicator

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone else have any input on this? I am about to trade on tuesday and really dunno if i should wait for 2.2 because I know the hero will only be able to run a select number of things that are designed for higher end devices, but I would miss multi touch (although multi touch would barely work anyway) and maybe sense UI. I just want that bigger processor because the lag drives me crazy on this sometimes and the number of times I have to hard reset. I do not want to waste time rooting until 2.2 comes out because there will still be lag when multi tasking due to the processor.

canterrain

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
You mentioned you'd be able to upgrade soon for $150.

My input would be... wait, save 50 more dollars, and let that choice be between an Evo and an Epic. They'll get 2.2 official, and be more powerful overall while still giving you similar choices to the decision between hero and moment.

If nothing else the Intercept (moment 2 basically) will be out by then I'd wager.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
^ Yea but I dont get to upgrade until December.....so I got a while. Other people have been saying just stick with the Hero because the Moment has the airplane mode issue and other annoying quirks, so I guess ill just stick with the slow Hero. The only really annoying things are ring lag, typing pay, and slow downs when multi-tasking. Like I said, i dont want to root because these qirks will still be with the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae