Loss of Internet Connectivity

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
On a fairly frequent basis (about once a week), the Internet and everything else data related just stops working on my phone. I have to go through the routine of calling Sprint Tech Support, turning the phone off, removing the battery, and waiting while they refresh the network. I'd like to know if there is anyone else experiencing this problem?

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I sometimes lose my mobile network, usually turning out off and back on is enough to correct it. Occasionally, a reboot is necessary.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
On a fairly frequent basis (about once a week), the Internet and everything else data related just stops working on my phone. I have to go through the routine of calling Sprint Tech Support, turning the phone off, removing the battery, and waiting while they refresh the network. I'd like to know if there is anyone else experiencing this problem?

The only way i know to fix it is to have root.The problem is in the Htclocation.apk.The reason i say you need root is if you switch out htclocation it doesn't happen.Also if you lgcat it you'll see thats what errors.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I got the phone in January and had no problems with it. The first instance of the Internet not working was when the Evo came out. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or if it's just a coincidence. Since the first occurrence of the issue, I've had it come up three additional times. The most recent time was early today. Eventually the Internet service got restored on it's own. Just trying to figure out why the data services on the phone keep going down so often.

RethX

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine a few months now, and once every couple of weeks it would lose its connection. To fix it i'd toggle airplane mode on and off.

slipdisc

Jun 3, 2010
www.phat1.com
The only way i know to fix it is to have root.The problem is in the Htclocation.apk.The reason i say you need root is if you switch out htclocation it doesn't happen.Also if you lgcat it you'll see thats what errors.

Is this included in IcedHB v2? If not could you post instructions for patching?

This sounds like the exact same issue I have had from day one.

cajunrph

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have this happen every so often. I just go to the settings menu. Select wireless and internet then toggle Mobile Network on and off. Internet should start working again.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so toggling the airplane mode on/off and toggling the mobile network on/off are a couple of solutions. I'll have to try those the next time the mobile network goes out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie