Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Internet sharing

I want to use my internet sharing option to connect my ps3 and 360, but every time I try, I get an invalid sprint pcs user name. I suppose I could use wifi for the ps3, but that isn't an option for my xbox, as I don't have the over priced wifi adapter. Anyone have success doing this?

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

Quote Originally Posted by user7618 View Post
    I want to use my internet sharing option to connect my ps3 and 360, but every time I try, I get an invalid sprint pcs user name. I suppose I could use wifi for the ps3, but that isn't an option for my xbox, as I don't have the over priced wifi adapter. Anyone have success doing this?
    I think you could setup a internet connection with your phone and pc.Then plug your xbox into your pc and setup the connection to pass threw.I've done it before,but didn't write it down ill try to do it again.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can, I just need an ether net cable. No problems there, I was hoping to just do it through a usb connection, without the pc. I'll keep experimenting and update if I manage to get it to go.

i assume your rooted?
    I attempted to do this w pdanet, and was able to connect, but could not find a match in COD mw2.. i do not remember the error i was getting, but i ran it thru the computer like beezy mentioned.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah, I'm rolling honeybun lite v2, with that kool-aid kernal to oc.

Honestly, I wouldn't do this anyway.

The one way Sprint can tell you are using phone as modem without paying for the service is if you begin using a massive amount of data a phone normally would not be likely to use.

Sending your ps3/360 data through the phones would do just that.

Also 3G data speeds really aren't fast enough to get a stellar gaming experience.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Been using it as a modem for my pc since I got it. They won't go bonkers until I get write excessive with it. I usually run somewhere around 7 to 8 gig a month for data. Plus, I don't really want to play online, just download stuff and keep my systems updated.
    This post has +3 to topic derailment.