Wasted Battery

DracheDame

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm brand new to Android. I just got a brand new HTC Hero, and so far I love it. One of the things I've noticed is that my battery doesn't really last very long. I have the Advanced Task Killer, and I've found that sometimes random apps start opening, like NASCAR, NFL and Sprint TV. Since I don't use these apps, there's no reason to have them running. Is there was way to uninstall NASCAR and NFL? Or just a way to stop them from opening? Also, what is "com.coremobility.app.vnotes"? That is always open. Thanks so much for your help!:)

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Nope, unless you root, you'll have to deal with them opening on their own. The vnotes I believe is the voice notes.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
i won't get into the big debate about task killers,but try running without it for a few days.Might help battery.Android has a built in memeory management that will shut things down properly when it needs more memory.The management is set pretty low on stock.If you want to remove sprint apps then you would need root.With root you could flash a custom rom that has the apps removed.I have some roms that are the same as stock,but you can remove sprint apps and the memory management is bumped up alot more to where it shut things down alot quicker.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
If you have a rooted phone....you don't need a task killer. if you are running stock UI then you'll need one. Set it up to not kill apps you want to be running always and then run it in safe auto kill mode. Really the best part of rooting your phone is not having all the Spring crap running in the background.

DracheDame

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that I can't root. I'm running the newest 2.1 software, and I'm on a Mac. I've heard about something called "running software" or something like that, but have been unable to find it.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that I can't root. I'm running the newest 2.1 software, and I'm on a Mac. I've heard about something called "running software" or something like that, but have been unable to find it.

Do you have anyway of using a windows pc from about two hours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty