Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy it went for a swim...HELP

ok guys. im an ***** i know but i dropped my hero in the toilet and then quickly got it out and since the back came off when it bounced. i took the battery out immediately. how can i save my phone? right no wi have it drying off and out

Whatever you do, don't put it in a toaster oven.

I know a guy who did that once. True story. Didn't work out for him.

Put it in a jar or bag of uncooked rice for a day or two. This'll help remove the moisture.

take the batteyr out first however, it generates gases, last thing u want is that in a sealed bag...

belive it or not, you should use distilled water and wash it out and the put it in rice...it will flush out minerals left in regular water that can cause bridged connections on circuit and prevent rusting too. rice yes toaster no.
    Rooted Hero
    Fresh 2.3.3
    OC'd and Undervolt
    Vanilla Lockscreen

Quote Originally Posted by armychris28210 View Post
    belive it or not, you should use distilled water and wash it out and the put it in rice...it will flush out minerals left in regular water that can cause bridged connections on circuit and prevent rusting too. rice yes toaster no.
    Yeah, would you believe that it was an ex-Marine who did it?

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Wipe poo off of it, then place in rice, just in case you want to eat the rice at a later date.

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1

Default Re: it went for a swim...HELP

Quote Originally Posted by rufflez View Post
    Wipe poo off of it, then place in rice, just in case you want to eat the rice at a later date.
    Omg!

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

10 chars

Would that be the poo poo platter?
    This post has +3 to topic derailment.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

thanks guys still no luckwith it turning on so it will be in rice for a little while. im so sad. im lost without my phone. i was in the middle of this great book too....

a few years ago i had a phone that went through the washing machine, dried it out for a few days and it didn't come back on, figured oh well i'll just go get a new phone, like a year later I found that old phone in a box, i thought I had thrown out, tried to turn it on and it worked like a charm, sold it to someone for 25 bucks. :P