Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Red face Double your battery life?

Anybody fully tested this app called Juice Defender? I just downloaded it and it supposedly doubles your battery life by turning off your mobile internet periodically and cuts it back on to your liking (turn on every 15 minutes for a duration of 1 min) and it has a widget to show how much battery it is saving while its running.

Im testing it now to see if it actually works. Im using a Rooted Hero with Zen Exp Rom with the latest update.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I have'nt yet but it would be great if it does as stated.Let us know.Thanks.

just d/l myself... Ill have a good test tomorrow... be in the car with a sales rep doing some product training. Hopefully Ill see some increased battery life!

unrooted Hero

so far so good.. unplugged at 8am.. and still at 85% at lunch.
    i dig it!

so far so good.. unplugged at 8am.. and still at 85% at lunch.
    i dig it!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well i didnt fully test it but i unplugged at 12 pm yesterday and the battery lasted 12 hours. I checked my settings under about phone --> battery --> battery use and it was at 30%. Cell standby was the highest percentage for using the battery, i guess because i dont get GREAT reception in my house. I plugged it up afterwards so i should test it to see how long it will last until it dies.

I like this app, only thing is that it closes randomly when you have the phone on sleep for a while.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Well after 16+ hours this is the status of my phone when using Juice Defender. The 2nd pic is the settings i have set for juice defender.

Last edited by adleyh2000; 07-20-2010 at 10:51 PM.

I hated it. It made everything sluggish and my notification bar kept locking up. I didn't experience any improvements on battery either after 48 hours, so I dropped it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Oh... well i used it a second day and only got like 13 hours of use. I used the phone alot more the second day (posting to twitter, texting ect.) I guess it saves battery if the phone is idle.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by herothc View Post
    I hated it. It made everything sluggish and my notification bar kept locking up. I didn't experience any improvements on battery either after 48 hours, so I dropped it.
    I experienced the same thing after using it for 3 days or so. Had to uninstall it. Phone performance is a little better now... back to it's old slow Hero self
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Kit Kat
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Qdigga you just need to root your phone and install a custom rom, my phone runs fast now and only slows down because i have juice defender installed... no more keyboard lag when typing text messages or anything. I didnt root until i had the phone for 7 months... i was skeptical but now im glad i did root.

Quote Originally Posted by adleyh2000 View Post
    Qdigga you just need to root your phone and install a custom rom, my phone runs fast now and only slows down because i have juice defender installed... no more keyboard lag when typing text messages or anything. I didnt root until i had the phone for 7 months... i was skeptical but now im glad i did root.
    I would love to root my phone and flash a rom too, but unfortunately there seems to be a road block every time I try, and I haven't figured out how to get through it yet.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I just flashed mine like a week ago, just downgrade your 2.1 upgrade to the .5 and umm ill find the link for you...lol

here you go. I did this and successfully rooted my phone. A Week ago.

[GUIDE] How to Root Sprint 2.1 Release for CDMA Hero - xda-developers

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adleyh2000 View Post
    Sadly Im a victim of the "overzealously running the Hero OTA Update after jumping to 2.1" syndrome and don't think I can root bacause of the security update Hm, my wifes Hero doesnt have the patch, maybe I'll root hers so she doesnt experience all the issues I'm having....
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Kit Kat
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I had the update also, if you click the link it will tell you how to downgrade so the security update wont be applied then you can actually root. Check it out and let me know how it goes

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

2600 milliamp battery. I set ovetclock every other setting 19 - 730 battery is never an issue. been on the beach all day my tether and streaming music outlasted the laptop.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

i just ordered a 2000mah battery and it will be here soon, cant wait! lol

I prefer the 1800mAh batttery. Increased life and it doesn't make your phone look obese.

Has anyone tried the Collin_ph Battery Tweak?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

The 2000mah battery i ordered will fit in the standard battery holder, so thats why i ordered it. Still waiting on it tho.. :-(