Problems with chompSMS & Handcent?

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I've installed and tried both (currently using chompSMS) and I always have problems with it. For one, my phone SLOWS DOWN like none other! It's ridiculous, when the phone goes into sleep, it literally takes 10 seconds for it to wake up after I push end to wake it up (same thing for when I push menu twice to wake it up), and it's EXTREMELY sluggish for the first minute or so and then it lets up and works fine, but still...it sucks.

Anyway, has anyone had this problem and found a way to fix it? Also, I'm starting to have the "app changing names by themselves" problem with chompSMS, anyone come up with a fix for that yet? And what about the messaging app that came with the phone, do we have a workaround for the battery issue for that yet? Lol, sorry about all the questions, just thought I'd make a giant thread with my problems instead of multiple ones.

Thanks guys. Can't wait for Android update 2.0 (Eclair), hopefully HTC fixes all these problems plus many more people have been experiencing.

Last edited:

barkerja

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
This isn't a problem caused by Handcent or Chomp ... just common bugs you're witnessing in HTC Sense. Hopefully they will be fixed when 2.0 is pushed to us.

Luisgb

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I havent had any problem with my handset slowing down with handcent, but i have had a weird issue with it. sometimes, if i hit home from handcent everything disappears from my 'desktop' on all 7 pages. also, is there a way of not having the texts go to both handcent and the standrad messaging app, very annoying and kinda kills the purpose of having a third party text app

highwayman1224

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I havent had any problem with my handset slowing down with handcent, but i have had a weird issue with it. sometimes, if i hit home from handcent everything disappears from my 'desktop' on all 7 pages. also, is there a way of not having the texts go to both handcent and the standrad messaging app, very annoying and kinda kills the purpose of having a third party text app

To keep it from going to both, just go into settings & disable notification sound from the standard messaging app.

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, it's work fine now, I turned off a lot of notifications though, like Twitter and Facebook and Email, maybe the fact that it was getting notifications from all these clients was causing the slow down, and I don't really use any of these on my phone, so I just turned them off and restarted and it seems to be working fine now. For anyone else having this slow down issue (which seems to be not too many), trying doing this and see if it helps.

sixty5low

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I have the Handcent SMS on my home screen and when i wake up the phone and move the trackball, the icon is in an orange box till i move from page to page then it is normal. Any ideals why this is happening? Other than that, no other funny business.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20