sms sound for individual contacts?

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I just replaced my unlocked BB Bold on Tmobile for the Hero on Sprint and my favorite app was one that let me set unique sounds for texts from specific contacts. I have been unable to find anything like this in the Android Market or even anyone else referring to it here or on the web.
Is this not an option for me?
Thanks!

dannzeman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the Handcent SMS app has the ability to set custom notifications for each contact. I don't think its part of the Android OS yet.

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Interesting... I have the Handcent SMS since I was told that the built-in messaging is a battery/memory hog. I don't see any options for individual contact sounds, is that done from the options in the individual 'chat' window?

rudolph7

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
To change setting for individual people, go into handsent and either click on a ongoing chat or start a new one then click on the icon in the top right corner it has a upper body of a person and a little thing in front of him. Then click Notification setting. From here you can set many thing for that person.You can also set it for more then one person by starting a thread to more then one person and then going in to change things. I did that for all my bosses and my family.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon