Slow response time?

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having an issue with this phones response time. Whenever i click on messages or push the phone button it takes two to three seconds for the app to open i just bought the phone two days ago anyone know how i can get it fixed? Thank you for your help..

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Sound weird. It may smooth out. If not check out rooting your phone and installing a custom rom (Many of them add features and are much faster).

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
No, I agree... seems like since 2.1 was added my actual "phone" part of the phone is unresponsive. I touch my people widget to call someone, nothing... so I go to the dialer to just dial it.... still takes a few seconds (enough to make me think it's not responding) seriously?! Then, when it does finally make the call it confrence calls the same person!! Took me a half hour to call hubby back yesterday ( no joke, I timed it) Finally said my dialer was not responding (No duh!) and forceclosed the phone dialer and made me soft reset. Seriously?? What gives? Had to text him to call me because I could not call him... I know I can't be the only one to have this happen.... Also have internet connection but that's a whole new ball of wax, LOL!!

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i dont know what it is. Its definitely after the update i believe where this started happening. I am at a point where i am going to call sprint maybe send a new phone. I wonder if anyone else is having this issue. I don't want to rom the phone it should work normal.

nfinitefx

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i dont know what it is. Its definitely after the update i believe where this started happening. I am at a point where i am going to call sprint maybe send a new phone. I wonder if anyone else is having this issue. I don't want to rom the phone it should work normal.

Everyone has this issue, this is my most end up rooting the hero, the slow down is due to memory management and cache, if you really what to test that theory just power off. Power on holding the volume key in this will boot you into bootloader, from there you can reset the phone this WILL WIPE ALL INFORMATION so be carefull. after this you will see that your hero is running like a champ.
this is the reason most people will root the hero, at this point you can run a custom kernel that will maintain the memory settings at a stronger level, keeping your phone running faster and cleaner.
Hope that helps, because getting a new phone will not change the overall problem, as you will be back at it again in a few months.

sfazngiants

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
having this issue with my hero as well. its quite annoying makes me want to throw the phone. switching to the htc evo in a month anyways so i'll take it

SullyCC

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I choose a number from the contact list and nothing happens. I think I didn't hit the number and hit it again then finally after 10-20 seconds it calls and i get into a conference call issue. Dialing a number manually is really slow and unresponsive as well. I have had to stop myself from pitching the phone across the room quite a few times.
Everything else is quick and responsive including Hancent

fixxxer1022

Banned
Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is now promising a new update to fix all these issues.

the only way they can fix this is by giving us 2.2. i DO NOT need or want a 2.1 hotfix. alot of people will be ticked if this is what we get.

anyways...OP root, install a custom rom and flash a 710 overclocked kernel, your phone will fly!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad