"Ring Lag" and what to do about it

Fabrian

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't' see any threads here about ring lag, so for those of you who are experiencing this... here ya go.

What I'm referring to when I say "ring lag" is when the caller is hearing roughly 3 rings on their end before your Hero begins to actually ring - and that's after it first lights up, displays the phone app and begins to ring. Be warned, you will see a decrease in battery life by making this change (this fix provided by Sprint Tech support)

What you are effectively doing is changing the slot cycle index, which basically means - how often your phone is looking for a call signal in seconds.

My slot index was set to 2 by default, some of you might see something different.

1. Open your phone and enter ##3282#
2. At the next prompt, choose edit mode
3. Password is your MSL
4. At the next prompt, choose advanced

5. Tap on "slot cycle index" (should be sixth down from top)
Take note as to what yours is set as default
Mine was default at 2, so I changed to 1. You can try 0, but the lower you go, the more battery hit you take.

6. In your slot index number choices, chose 1
7. Tap your menu button and then tap commit modifications
8. You'll be prompted to reboot.

After it reboots, I'd give it one or two calls before you determine whether or not it helped, just to rule out initial app launch lag.

I myself did notice a difference changing from 1 to 2. I also do see a decrease in battery life as well.

Last edited:

Fabrian

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
thanx for your MSL.

MSL......unique to you.

I know what MSL is, I just didn't realize the password was the MSL. unixpsycho, you really are a prime example of a fuxen a$s bag. I'm trying to help others with the info I got... I know there are others that have this problem as well. After me trying to provide a helpful post all you have to say is "thanks for your MSL"???? What a prick. Go sit on a cactus, friend.

rockcrawler

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I know what MSL is, I just didn't realize the password was the MSL. unixpsycho, you really are a prime example of a fuxen a$s bag. I'm trying to help others with the info I got... I know there are others that have this problem as well. After me trying to provide a helpful post all you have to say is "thanks for your MSL"???? What a prick. Go sit on a cactus, friend.

ROFLMAO, well said. :D

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site

That was stupid.

Thats like helping someone by advertising your credit card number.

The prompt clearly says "PASSWORD" and you decide to post it. FAIL.

And if you simply searched the forums you would see someone else posted how to fix the ring lag... and *I* replied in a helpful way to that thread. Obviously you dont know how to search either.

So go put your head up your a$$. whiner.

Fabrian

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
That was stupid.

Thats like helping someone by advertising your credit card number.

The prompt clearly says "PASSWORD" and you decide to post it. FAIL.

And if you simply searched the forums you would see someone else posted how to fix the ring lag... and *I* replied in a helpful way to that thread. Obviously you dont know how to search either.

So go put your head up your a$$. whiner.

Are you referring to this? Oh ya, very helpful and informative indeed. My hero's gone, so have at my "credit card". Your still an a$s no matter what you feel like contributing to this thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer