Phone force closing- HELP!

CMich

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I have an older Hero (received in November) which I recently upgraded to the 2.1 OS.

Since the upgrade, my phone has non-consistently force-closed while I am receiving a call. I can still see it as a missed call, and I can see the call coming in, but it force closes before I can answer.

It is becoming more frequent as of late and it is VERY frustrating. I have been chatting with our cell provider's customer support and they've suggested pulling the battery, as well as deleting old histories and such. It is still happening, and they've suggested it's a memory issue. I have deleted everything but my most frequently used apps, keep deleting browsing history and call log, and it's still happening.

Anyone have any other suggestions or am I going to have to do a whole reset? (Please say no, I don't want to have to go that route!)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I was having this same exact problem a few weeks back while using an overclocked ROM - it has since stopped once I changed the ROM. Are you rooted? I would suggested doing a hard reset. There are apps in the market that will let you back-up everything so that you can restore the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo