Sending contacts to another Hero

Flyingbanana

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I have both have the Hero.She recently lost all her contacts, so I tried to send her some of mine. I tried sending her a vcard via sms, but it came through on her end as a slide show and i could not open it. I also tried pairing and connecting bluetooth on both phones thinking that might be another way to send her some on my contacts but I could not find a way. Anybody know of a way to send another hero contacts in my list?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Use the HTC sync software and back the contacts up FROM your phone to outlook express/Win Live mail.

Hook up wife's phone and IMPORT the contacts to hers.

Or -
Export your contacts from gmail.com to csv format.
Mail the file to your wfie and import the csv file.

highwayman1224

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I think I read a post awhile ago saying there's an app in the market called bump where you can touch your phones together & the contacts will be transferred from one hero to the other.

ItsMe

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Had the same thing!
Amazing that there isn't a built in way to do it in android and that it looks like htc added something that doesn't work.
Anyway, I tried bump, after finally discovering that it adds the contact as a google contact (which I wasn't showing) I got it to work.
Is there anyway to set it to save as a phone contact or is there away to switch from one to the other?