Bluetooth Announcement

skilledone

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
On my Hero I have the bluetooth connect to my car's system. As soon as I get in and turn my car on my phone syncs up to the system, however, when I get out and the bluetooth disconnects, 10 minutes later I'm getting a message on my screen as I'm typing a text message "Bluetooth is disconnected". I know it's disconnected, in fact it disconnected 10 minutes ago, like FRIG!!!

How do I fix this messsage/issue as its quite annoying when I go to type an email or text message.

I also feel like it makes the phone cause a slight delay because it has to think, other than that there is no reason why!

Thanks for anyone that provides any insightful answers.

highwayman1224

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Well, then you're gonna keep getting the disconnected msg. It's really not too difficult to turn off the Bluetooth to stop what's bugging you is it?

redram38

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Why should he have to turn it off to stop getting the message. The fact of the matter is this. It should show you the message once and then not again. Why should it be up to me or anyone to turn off a feature of the phone I BOUGHT just to stop being bothered by their flaw. There should be a setting allowing users to disable that message, but it for dang well sure should not keep popping up like some ad on your computer.

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
So you are getting the message once, and then a little bit later getting it again? I agree that would annoying, but I don't know of current settings on the device that controls the notifications for bluetooth. What steps have you taken to try fixing this? Have you reset? Have you tried to delete the device and then pair it again?

Last edited:

redram38

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
It seems to pop up for me when the phone rings and I have my BT device turned off. I don't have it popping up any other times. I usually just leave my device on all the time, but you can't do that for a car device.

kennyidaho

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I am not a bluetooth user so I am just taking guesses here. But have you tried to repairing the car to the phone?

@highwayman1224 are you talking about the same thing? Redram38's problem is a second notification, not the first one. Do you experience this on your device as well?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Well, the device has no idea you no longer want it paired and communicating with the BT accessory because you didn't tell it. So as you do something that you TOLD the phone to do via BT when you paired it, it reminds you that your device is no longer paired.

Maybe there should be an option to kill the messages, but you can't fight the logic behind the multiple warnings.

You told it to pair
It tells you

highwayman1224

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I am not a bluetooth user so I am just taking guesses here. But have you tried to repairing the car to the phone?

@highwayman1224 are you talking about the same thing? Redram38's problem is a second notification, not the first one. Do you experience this on your device as well?

Yes, it keeps flashing every few seconds. It's not a big deal, I just turn off my Bluetooth connection & its all better.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I would find this annoying, too. My Treo quietly disconnects when I leave my car, and silently reconnects when I get back in. If I turned BT off when I left the car, I'd inevitably forget to turn in back on when I got back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC