Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Custom Wallpaper Issues with HTC Hero 200.

So as much as I like the default wallpapers I wanted something more custom. So after some googling I found out that the default wallpaper size for my type of Hero is 320x480 and I went around finding a good pic of one of my favorite video game characters, Master Chief. here is the pic in question:
    http://cyclones.esu8.org/SResources/...alo-Wars-f.jpg

Now here is where I ran into the issue I have, after I load the pic into my phone I go and try to change the pic and while the pic is sizing up fine on my phone, the phone insists on cropping it to a chunk of the image I have to select via this green square, then when I do select the part of the image to save and get back to my home screen its really ugly and blurred.

I googled some more and heard of an app that may help called "Wallpaper Set & Save". I found the app and tried it out and while it showed me the image alright when I saved it, it auto cropped to his chest and save that instead.

Now then, I just want to know how I can get the whole image as my background, not just some cropped image. is that possible?

Thanks for the help.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Custom Wallpaper Issues with HTC Hero 200.

Bump. still having an issue with this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

You could use a 3rd party launcher like Nova or Apex which both have the option your looking for. And I'm assuming other wallpaper apps like hd wallpapers may also have that option.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    You could use a 3rd party launcher like Nova or Apex which both have the option your looking for. And I'm assuming other wallpaper apps like hd wallpapers may also have that option.

Where would I get these apps? keep in mind this is the only smartphone in the history of ever that doesn't have a google play store.

Oh and I know how to get rid of that tapatalk sentence if you interested.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Without having the play store is going to make it difficult. Only option I can think of is finding the application apk on the Internet and trying ad it to your device storage. Then hopefully you'll have an pre-installed app that can install them, if not I don't think there's a way.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    Without having the play store is going to make it difficult. Only option I can think of is finding the application apk on the Internet and trying ad it to your device storage. Then hopefully you'll have an pre-installed app that can install them, if not I don't think there's a way.

Yeah I know, I don't know what they were thinking leaving out such a huge app like that, its a real design flaw that limits me. but I think their HTC Sync program has a way to install .apk files on the phone. Does Nova or Apex have seperate .apks?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Yes they are both separate apps/launchers and I would recommend Nova.