Hero constant connection....

Angelo921

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Most of this morning on my Hero in the status bar at the top, the the icon that looks like a satellite dish (possibly GPS) showing that its downloading something and im not sure why its doing this. The only widget I have running on the home screen is weather bug. Any ideas why this is happening?

thanks
Angelo

vlozano06

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
i had that problem last night, i opened up google maps, let it refresh my location, then shut down google maps, and that indicator turned off.

Angelo921

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
so then its probably weather bug thats the problem.... off topic, are you guys getting email notifications when someone replies to a thread that your subscribed? Im not and have that option enabled in my settings.

pegb856

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Mine was doing that too. Last night and this morning. I shut the device down and restarted and the icon left. Also I found nowhere in the manual describing this icon, frustrating.

Also I disabled the My location feature in WB Elite, that might have been the issue. My device seemed to have issues with my location frequently so I think it was spending all of it's time searching. For what it's worth, WeatherBug Direct for Blackberry also has issues once in a while with the Follow Me feature so I disable it unless I am traveling.

Last edited:

musicevo

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
WeatherBug has an auto update feature based on GPS. So I always just let the app load, then back out to exit. Data will show up on widget, and to refresh you just have to tap the widget again.

Angelo921

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
i uninstalled weatherbug, it was getting annoying seeing that update throughout the day. im using accuweather.com's widget. It shows the current temp, wind direction and speed , currently says "light snow" and even has an arrow to click over to show you the 4 day forecast.