1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default just got the sprint hero...

sorry if this has been posted before, i've had the hero for a couple of days, loving it so far, coming from a bb curve 8330.

i've read about 'donut', since i just got the hero, is it shipping with 1.6 or still 1.5? and how would i go about updating to 1.6.

also have seen some things about 2.0. is there a timeframe for the hero getting 2.0?

thanks in advance.

It's shipping with 1.5 still, along with most other Android phones. HTC will not be updating it to 1.6 - they have stated that they will be skipping 1.6 and going straight to 2.0.1 We do know that there is a 2.0.1 ROM in the wild for GSM phones; we also know that the Verizions Droid Eris has a confirmed OS update sometime early next year. It's probably safe to assume that Sprints update will be coming soon too.

Why doesn't Sprint tell us? Because that's what Sprint does, keep secrets, that way they have no liability if things don't work out.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

lol, thanks for the info. seeing how i'm still learning about the new software, i'm ok waiting for 2.0.1.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

I ca't wait for this to happen!

I cannot wait for 2.0...

Remember, the HTC Android version will be 2.1 and as the rumors it will be coming out probably in a couple of weeks.

Ches, HTC is releasing 2.1 on the 11th for the providers to tinker with and break :P but id imagin it shall be ours by christmas. Probably wont be OTA however but idk, thats a big debate.
    UTStarcom CDM-7025>Samsung Siren>LG Muziq>Samsung M520> (Sprint) HTC Diamond> (Sprint) HTC Hero