HTC Hero Questions

Chaos_Fonez

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone...? I have been watching videos of the new and very amusing HTC Hero.

Some questions I have are the following:
Is the android market gonna be available for the HTC Hero?
Is there a back cover that you can remove to check the battery?
Can the phone go landscape mode?

Let me know if you guys know any thing.
Dieing to find out. I want the phone soooo bad.

Reactions: tdm

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone...? I have been watching videos of the new and very amusing HTC Hero.

Some questions I have are the following:
Is the android market gonna be available for the HTC Hero?
Is there a back cover that you can remove to check the battery?
Can the phone go landscape mode?

Let me know if you guys know any thing.
Dieing to find out. I want the phone soooo bad.

Yes, the andriod market is available.
Yes, the battery is removable. The SIM card and the SD card is under the batter.
The phone can go landscape except for the Today/Home screens.

abalboa3

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes it is, I went yesterday afternoon to preorder mine. Thank goodness for 30 day return policies. I had just purchased the Palm Pre. :)

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Ah, sorry, forgot that CDMA doesn't work in the same way as GSM :eek:

Given that the phone does support GSM though, what's the deal when you roam in countries without CDMA? Can you get a Sprint SIM card to roam on GSM networks while abroad?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Ah, sorry, forgot that CDMA doesn't work in the same way as GSM :eek:

Given that the phone does support GSM though, what's the deal when you roam in countries without CDMA? Can you get a Sprint SIM card to roam on GSM networks while abroad?

The Sprint version I believe is CDMA only and not a world phone. It will be useless in GSM countries. If it were a CDMA world phone there would also be a SIM card slot in it.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
A couple of questions....

Does anyone know the answers to these Sprint Hero Questions?

1. On a MS device you can set up multiple email accounts to sync. I currently have 3-4 that I use, is there a way to sync that many somehow with Android, weather through apps or the device itself?

2. One of the email accounts is Yahoo, will I just use an app for that?

3. On some devices you can download a Gmail app for email addresses hosted through your own domain, sometimes called email by google, or something like that. Is there an app like that for Android?

4. Is there a way to sync tasks?

5. What browser does it use? Can you download other browsers?

I may think of more later, but for now thats it.

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
1. I've certainly had two accounts (POP/IMAP) syncing at once, plus my Google Mail. Not sure what the maximum is.

2. Just sunc it with POP or IMAP using the built in mail viewer

3. Not sure what you mean - if you can collect your mail via gmail you can use the Google Mail app pre-installed

4. There is a beta app available for syncing Google Tasks (gTasks - beta v0.0.3 Application for Android | Productivity) - nothing from Goole officially unfortunately. There are loads of other apps for managing tasks though if you want.

5. Built in browser, but you can download others, e.g. Steel v0.1.1 Application for Android | Communication

Dave

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I believe (but could be wrong about this) that the Radio code (the bit that controls network access (GSM/CDMA and wireless etc)) is separate from the Android core and enhancements so installing ROMS should be fine.

Certainly the MoDaCo ROM that I have installed on my GSM Hero cam without the Radio update and I had to flash that separately.

You should confirm this with a ROM developer though before you flash.

Dave

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
thanks that is pretty much what I thought I also was wondering is anyone knew is the CDMA Hero is going to ship with Donut 1.6 since that will be the first version to use CDMA and in videos I have seen online there are a few of the Phones with a Google Branding on the back and there are some without it I know that it has the HTC sense UI but is there anything different about these phones with the Google Branding

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2