HTC Hero Questions
Hey everyone...? I have been watching videos of the new and very amusing HTC Hero.
Some questions I have are the following:
Is the android market gonna be available for the HTC Hero?
Is there a back cover that you can remove to check the battery?
Can the phone go landscape mode?
Let me know if you guys know any thing.
Dieing to find out. I want the phone soooo bad.
- 07-04-2009, 03:08 PM #2
- 07-06-2009, 11:00 AM #4
- 08-04-2009, 10:39 PM #6
- 08-31-2009, 03:45 AM #7
- 09-06-2009, 07:21 PM #8
- 09-09-2009, 09:56 AM #9
- 09-14-2009, 09:03 PM #10
- 09-23-2009, 12:52 AM #11
- 09-23-2009, 04:16 AM #12
- 09-23-2009, 09:45 AM #13
- 09-23-2009, 11:35 AM #14
- 09-23-2009, 03:50 PM #15
- 09-28-2009, 12:56 AM #16
A couple of questions....
Does anyone know the answers to these Sprint Hero Questions?
1. On a MS device you can set up multiple email accounts to sync. I currently have 3-4 that I use, is there a way to sync that many somehow with Android, weather through apps or the device itself?
2. One of the email accounts is Yahoo, will I just use an app for that?
3. On some devices you can download a Gmail app for email addresses hosted through your own domain, sometimes called email by google, or something like that. Is there an app like that for Android?
4. Is there a way to sync tasks?
5. What browser does it use? Can you download other browsers?
I may think of more later, but for now thats it.
- 09-28-2009, 03:55 AM #17
1. I've certainly had two accounts (POP/IMAP) syncing at once, plus my Google Mail. Not sure what the maximum is.
2. Just sunc it with POP or IMAP using the built in mail viewer
3. Not sure what you mean - if you can collect your mail via gmail you can use the Google Mail app pre-installed
4. There is a beta app available for syncing Google Tasks (gTasks - beta v0.0.3 Application for Android | Productivity) - nothing from Goole officially unfortunately. There are loads of other apps for managing tasks though if you want.
5. Built in browser, but you can download others, e.g. Steel v0.1.1 Application for Android | Communication
- 09-29-2009, 03:22 PM #18
- 09-30-2009, 05:58 AM #19
I believe (but could be wrong about this) that the Radio code (the bit that controls network access (GSM/CDMA and wireless etc)) is separate from the Android core and enhancements so installing ROMS should be fine.
Certainly the MoDaCo ROM that I have installed on my GSM Hero cam without the Radio update and I had to flash that separately.
You should confirm this with a ROM developer though before you flash.
- 09-30-2009, 06:43 PM #20
thanks that is pretty much what I thought I also was wondering is anyone knew is the CDMA Hero is going to ship with Donut 1.6 since that will be the first version to use CDMA and in videos I have seen online there are a few of the Phones with a Google Branding on the back and there are some without it I know that it has the HTC sense UI but is there anything different about these phones with the Google Branding
- 09-30-2009, 06:49 PM #21
- 09-30-2009, 08:17 PM #22
- 10-05-2009, 08:14 PM #23
I had also heard that Sprint has to sign off on the 1.6 before they can release it...that it's not up to HTC alone. That's usually the case, or at least it was with OS upgrades on BlackBerry devices with Sprint.
I e-mailed HTC today to ask this question, and got the following response:
Thank you for your inquiry regarding Android 1.6 for the HTC Hero from Sprint.
I understand it is important that you have the latest software on your device, John.
Currently no announcement has been made regarding the Android version installed from the factory on the Hero from Sprint; however, the software will be available for downloading to the device. We respectfully refer you to our developer website HTC - Developer Center for further information regarding this software.
I hope we have answered your question in detail, John. Feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions. In order to improve our service, I would like to invite you to participate in a survey on the worldwide HTC website at HTC Online Survey.Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
- 10-06-2009, 10:51 AM #24
- 10-06-2009, 11:08 AM #25