Keyboard on Hero - UGH!!

Steve Singer

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
My Hero. Love it for all the cool stuff. HATE the keyboard. In protrait mode, the keys along the right side are very difficult to hit. I need to be sure to push on the very left side of the key to get the correct letter. In landscape mode, the space bar needs to be hit high to get the space to populate.

Anybody have suggestions? I sent the 1st Hero back thinking it was broken and the replacement does the same thing. UGH!

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Set it for SureType/Compact QWERTY mode (two letters per key) in portrait, and be sure to calibrate. Using it right now - works great, especially one-handed!

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Mine's calibrated, and I have the same problem. I think I can work around it, but it's still annoying. I don't like the compact qwerty at all, though.

ItsMe

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
In your mind picture say a needle going threw the middle of your finger nail and coming out in the middle of your finger print. Now if you can get past the pain lol, try to touch the needle to the screen. This will have your finger completely obscuring the key.
I was always touching lower than I anticipated.
I don't know it worked for me?

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
In your mind picture say a needle going threw the middle of your finger nail and coming out in the middle of your finger print. Now if you can get past the pain lol, try to touch the needle to the screen. This will have your finger completely obscuring the key.

lmao sorry im kinda in a smart ass kinda mood tonight my question really didnt need a response

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
See this is my issue... Love the ui on the hero hate that it doesnt have a keyboard... Moment lacks alot of the sexyness of the ui and no social network integration.. that kinda bugs me... But I think the hero is ugly... decisions decisions..

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Even after calibrating it, it gives me some problems. It's annoying, but maybe I just need to learn to live with it?

What about the stock Android touch keyboard? Is there a way to use that instead of HTC's?

firecracker#AC

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I went into the Sprint store yesterday to trade in my beloved Hero for a Moment because the keyboard was driving me crazy. The sales guy told me to try the App "Better Keyboard" and for 3 bucks it has made a world of difference.

I am keeping the Hero now.

sprint_fan

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I didn't have any trouble using the HTC keyboard. I liked it a ton better than the Moment keyboard. And you can also use it with the number pad for typing and use t9 predictive text, if that helps.

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

that's very Zen of you :)

cajunrph

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have problems with the keyboard also. Much more than any phone. I always hit the period (.) key instead of the space bar. I.end.up.with.a lot.of.my.sentences.looking.like this. The lag is also killing me. I switched from my iPhone to a Bold in part because of a physical keyboard. But I was able to type fast on the iPhone, but this Hero just sucks on that regards. To the point that I'm might just send it back and go back to AT&T and use my Bold till something else comes out that is better. I use my phone for mostly texting and e-mail and the Bold is faster on both accounts. I'd love to be able to use the web but RIM web browser just blows. Hero and almost every other phone has it whipped on that account. I just wish that AT&T had more/any Android phones. And as far as networks go AT&T works great down here. IDK what I'm gonna do. I have till the 12th to return it and be able to cancel the service without paying a early term fee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC