So what made u take ur Hero over the moment??

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Im a pre user and im going to get a android phone just to try one out... Ive played with the phones before but never really used one... Now im on sprint and trying to decide between the moment and the hero.. Now I know that the hero has the sense UI and pince to zoom which I like alot but I do like the moments 800 mhz processor and I prefer a keyboard... Are their any other reasons that you chose your hero over the moment??

jersey221

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Im a pre user and im going to get a android phone just to try one out... Ive played with the phones before but never really used one... Now im on sprint and trying to decide between the moment and the hero.. Now I know that the hero has the sense UI and pince to zoom which I like alot but I do like the moments 800 mhz processor and I prefer a keyboard... Are their any other reasons that you chose your hero over the moment??

im trying to make the same decision as you im stuck between the two...but i dont need the hardware keyboard.

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
after having the instink for over a year i will never own another samsung product again and with the rep that htc carries behind thier name it was a simple choice (even though the moment wasnt even out yet when i got the hero)

T.Scott

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I had a Pre when I picked up my Hero. The Pre has such a flimsy build that the move was easy. As far as Hero vs. Moment, the Sense UI is enough to choose the Hero over the Moment.

Oh, and Samsung phones suck.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Honestly I'm not a fan of Samsung products. The Hero was my only choice, and I don't regret moving from the Blackberry Tour to the Hero at all. I've had zero issues with the Hero.

Although if I were you, I might wait to see what other HTC Android device Sprint has coming out. My bet is they'll be releasing something 1st quarter 2010.

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I came from the pre as well as did my wife we both picked the hero because as 702DROID said Htc has a rep to keep up they have been known to make good phones and as the first ones 2 make a Android phone (G1) they Should know 2 do and not do with the os.. the Sense UI is great it kinda reminds me of the synergy system that the pre has alot more practical to use for me at least. the moment has the 800mhz processor but if im not mistaken doesn't that pull more on the battery as well might be the reason that people complain about the battery life so much..Just a thought..
Hands down i think the Hero Is the Best Android device on Sprint for right now...

boomhower1820

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I also came from a Pre and chose the Hero, just bought it this morning as a matter of fact. Here are my reasons:
#1. Size. At work I have to carry my phone in my shirt pocket on my chest(no where else to put it) so the thickness of the Moment is just to much.
#2. HTC is much more likely to keep up the updates than Samsung.
#3. Hackability. I spent many years in the Windows Mobile world and did enjoy the hackability of it and the HTC Hero side of it is much better than the Moment.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah i'm testing the moment at this time and the battery life does appear to be a probelm... I like the look of the phone over the hero and the screen but I think thats about it.. lol I love the sense ui and I love the htc people widget because I like a speed dial option without the ugly little contacts folder... Only thing im trying to see is if I should wait because I heard something about how htc may put widgets etc from their sense ui in the market... If they do that then it would make no sense to switch because I could have a faster processor with things the hero has... Another thing I like about the hero is the contact integration... Thats a big plus for me too... Im trying to see if I should wait to see what else comes out the pipeline in the marketplace... Does anyone know if there is anything like the htc people widget in the marketplace..

Last edited:

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
yeah the smoothness is great but once you get use to the hero its not that much slower
web pages load about the same since that depends on your signal and the sense widgets won't work on the moment unless you root it and are able to get the senseUI on it (think its impossible right now)
But Honestly the Hero with Sense gets rid of the need of alot of other apps that you have to download on the moment to get close to the same experience.

sprint_fan

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
The virtual keyboard has many more options on the Hero, and it works better for me at least. I wouldn't use the real keyboard very much anyways because I am not a big fan of the sideways slider keyboards, a little bit too big for my thumbs to stretch.

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Well besides the fact that Consumer Reports just rated the Hero #1, and HTC is a great phone in itself the Hero, right now is the way to go. The phone "wow's" everyone I show it to. Do Not let the fact that it has no physical keyboard stop you from this purchase. Aside from the many different types of keyboards it offers ( landscape - like the Instinct's, portrait, and quick pad) it also has word correction and word prediction. This phone finishes the words before I type them out out 99% of the time. It's a time saver and I text way quicker. Go play with the keyboard @ the sprint store and make sure they have the phone settings set for word prediction. You'll see what I mean. It sold me. I love this phone. And as far as battery issues go, I have no issues with battery life. I heard before I bought the phone there were issues and bought the car charger and an extra charger for work but haven't had to use them. I text, email, surf the net alot but I'm not a big TV watcher or game player. I'd imagine they would drain your battery. Coming from an Instinct the Hero's battery is by far better. Had to change batteries at the end of an hour conversation on the Instinct, not so on my Hero. Good luck on whichever you choose and Happy Holidays!!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon