1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After Switching to CM6

I recently rooted and flashed CM6 on my Hero and I have noticed a few problems. If anyone has any solutions to these please let me know.

-Sprint NFL Mobile is no longer on my phone. I used it all day everyday and I'm missing it a lot. Is there any way to get this back?

-I can't get Facebook to sync with my contacts. I have no pictures or status updates. I've gone to settings/accounts/Facebook/sync...still no luck

-When I charge my battery, my LED light is always green which normally means fully charged.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.0.3.1 w/ LPP

Quote Originally Posted by Hitt View Post
    I recently rooted and flashed CM6 on my Hero and I have noticed a few problems. If anyone has any solutions to these please let me know.

-Sprint NFL Mobile is no longer on my phone. I used it all day everyday and I'm missing it a lot. Is there any way to get this back?

-I can't get Facebook to sync with my contacts. I have no pictures or status updates. I've gone to settings/accounts/Facebook/sync...still no luck

-When I charge my battery, my LED light is always green which normally means fully charged.
    well CM6 is an AOSP-based ROM and does not have any type of bloatware loaded into it (any carrier-based apps) so thats why you dont have Sprint NFL mobile anymore. honestly its better to use ESPN ScoreCenter (i used to use Sprint NFL and i find ESPN's app better)

as for Facebook not syncing.....that i do not know about. i used to use CM6 but dont remember having that particular problem or your LED light problem...mine always was red when charging and turned green when full so both those problems are strange to me

if you dont mind reverting back to 2.1, the ROM im using right now is better than Sprint's RUU

its a Sense UI ROM and its pretty damn fast! you have to push Sprint NFL onto your phone afterward tho (its tells you how to do that near the end of the first post of that thread)

Green light kicks on at 90%.

Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo-on-Hero action here!
    This post has +3 to topic derailment.

The facebook integration with your contacts is a Sense feature called Facebook for HTC Sense. It will not work on a AOSP rom. I know they had problems with the led, but last time I tried a CM6 install it was working, but not exactly the same as with 2.1. The LED was solid orange when charging, green when charged, and solid orange for a message i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazulka View Post
    The facebook integration with your contacts is a Sense feature called Facebook for HTC Sense. It will not work on a AOSP rom. I know they had problems with the led, but last time I tried a CM6 install it was working, but not exactly the same as with 2.1. The LED was solid orange when charging, green when charged, and solid orange for a message i think.
    All that fb crap works on cm, also. Op, try uninstalling fb, download it again, and reinstall. Check your settings in-app, also. You may have just gotten a crap download. Default on 6.1 rc1 has a green blinking light for message notifications, though cm on the hero has always been a little janky with notification led's.

Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo-on-Hero action here!
    This post has +3 to topic derailment.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Here is the Sprint Visual Voicemail and Navigation:

I think you can extract the Sprint NFL app from another ROM or try searching the XDA Heroc forums for the app, I think it was posted somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Here is the Sprint Visual Voicemail and Navigation:

I think you can extract the Sprint NFL app from another ROM or try searching the XDA Heroc forums for the app, I think it was posted somewhere.
    It was posted somewhere because I was able to find it. It worked pretty well for a while but just up and quit working for me one day.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Use google voice. It works better anyway.

ROM
    CleanROM, Revolver

+1 on google voice.

as far as the sprint football app check xda they may have it as far as facebook goes try reinstalling facebook that may help there is also an app in the market called syncmypix that will also do that for you I also recommend purchasing and installing launcherpro plus the widgets are sense like and it isn't a memory hog like sense was so it'll be a lot snappier